Thread: ABS, Tire Pressure, and DSC lights all on...

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe

ABS, Tire Pressure, and DSC lights all on...

In my continuing quest to rid my M Coupe of all it's little niggling problems, I'm going to assume since these systems are all interconnected by the wheel speed sensors, that would be the place to look at this issue. Yay or nay?

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Yes, specifically, the wiring through the trunk floor to the rear ones. Look for a broken wire, not so much a bad sensor (I have yet to ever find a sensor failed, or needing to be cleaned.

You're on the right track.

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Forbes View Post
    Yes, specifically, the wiring through the trunk floor to the rear ones. Look for a broken wire, not so much a bad sensor (I have yet to ever find a sensor failed, or needing to be cleaned.

You're on the right track.
    Thanks, Randy!

I'm REASONABLY sure I broke one a while ago putting new brakes on, but I'd have to check; I'll also start there as well. Do I need to pull the carpet up, or is it visible in the battery compartment?

It should be said that this problem comes and goes too. Sometimes when I start it up, no lights come on. :|

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Follow the wires from this point towards the wheels; if you're using any type of diagnostic software, you can "see" if all four (4) wheels are sending back a signal when you rotate each individual wheel. No signal = the circuit with the__most likely__broken wire.

You'll have to take the two (2) floor pieces up, but none of the side panels...

... the grommet with the wires passing through is right above the "Fo" in my last name of the watermark/date.

Lift out the main floor board, and then only two (2) screws hold in the smaller panel, then remove the foam insulation to see the wiring. You could start from under the car, and maybe not have to remove the floor boards at all, if it's broken underneath...

Good luck!