I have had the stuff for a while. Just got around to cleaning the manifold up and swapping them this evening. Its a straightforward job, no big deal.

As it turns out the B25 throttle body will fit the B30 manifold, but you have to drill the mounting holes out quite a bit as the bolt pattern is significantly larger. I drilled two holes out, diagonal from each other, and mounted the throttle with those two bolts. No problems. One of the four holes is very near part of the motor that drives the throttle. I would not recommend drilling this one. You risk breaking through the casting and damaging the throttle drive motor. That's what I did, but I noticed the issue before doing any damage.

The 2.5 does feel better with the 3.0 intake. I felt no loss of torque, if anything the power begins to come on sooner. The DISA operation feels the same, no hiccup or stumble when the flap opens. Top end power is noticeably improved. The stock B25 winds out well but the 3.0 intake pulls harder on top.

The real reason I wanted to get this sorted out was to have the intake swap sorted out before I pull this motor and install the M52TUB28 I have had in the garage for months. Now that the intake side is sorted out I'll just need to bolt everything up when the 2.8 goes in.