My Cars
    '97 535i, '00 528i T

Understanding a cars title

Looking at an E70 and the dealer ran the carfax and showed me. It had 'damage reported' or something like that on the title. What does that generally mean? I'm new to buying in the USA so I don't really follow all the differences. I'm using finance and it stipulates 'must be clean title'. The car isn't a rebuilt or salvage title...but what does 'damage' mean, and can I find out more about what that was? More importantly, is that the sort of thing that is going to make it hard to sell again?

My Cars
    99 M3

Understanding a cars title

Sounds like it was involved in an accident, sold as a repair vehicle and repaired for re-sale.

Get a PPI if you are serious, but I’d look elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    00 540_6
    It is still a "clean" title. means there was an accident reported.
    I have an F250 that i was "rear ended" lady skidded into my trailer hitch and bent the 7 pin bracket for the trailer lights. Carfax show accident reported with damage....
    if there was damage repaired at a shop, the shop would report it to wherever carfax gets their info too.
    Get the PPI ask about investigating for obvious damage repairs and make your decision accordingly