Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself and my 135i. It's my first BMW (except for a '94 530i v8 that I was going to get running a number of years ago but never really did - check my post history).

I was browsing for cars when I saw a listing for a BMW 135i at the local BMW dealer. It was a clean '08 with 70k miles. But a couple things caught my eye right away: BBS wheels, red brakes, and a Dinan logo on the intercooler, dinan intake and strut bar. Hmmm...Could it really be selling for fair market price with several thousand in upgrades?? On the way home from work I called ahead and then stopped by to check it out.

In person, I could tell it was at least the full Dinan stage 3, plus wheels, and Brembo brakes. Did the dealer really have no clue?Who would trade in such a car??The test drive proved the car was far from stock and the saleswoman even got a call during the test drive from others asking about the car. When we got back we were practically assaulted by other salesmen saying they had several people interested. One even had an approved credit app, but the guy had left without leaving a deposit. I inquire more on the history, and it turns out that it was a local, 1-owner, fully dealer serviced car, with over $30k in dealer-installed upgrades!! Receipts for everything!

They said if I don't put a deposit now, then they had at least 3 others wanting to put a deposit. So... I went ahead and jumped on it... and here she is, my first BMW:

She's a full stage 3 dinan with 19" BBS wheels, dinan suspension, dinan lsd, and brembo brakes. I got an incredible deal on it this week. I'm super stoked.

It's a bit low for my taste and it's rubbing a bit in inclines or at full lock or over bumps, so I'm probably going to raise it first with some H&R sport springs.

Also, it seems like the comfort unlock at the handles aren't working and neither is the 4 click lane change signal.

Then i might go with some 18" wheels with all seasons so i can drive it more year round in CO. My daily is a jetta, and my other fun car is a 996.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk