Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retarded Black Friday shoppers !

My Cars
    1998 Z3 M Roadster.

Retarded Black Friday shoppers !

In a line waiting to get out of Staples and some dumb 17 year old decides to go another route and back up onto my M Roadster.

Not even any foreplay, dumb shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe 1995 M3
    So sorry, that's an ouch for sure. Hope you're able to get her as good as new soon!
    1995 Dakar M3​-Z3 Steering Rack
    2000 Dakar M Coupe-Bilstein Shocks, H&R springs, upgraded sway bars/bushings, and rear shock mounts
    2000 Dakar M Roadster-Sold
    2005 Alpine White/Imola Red M3 Vert-Sold
    2002 Dakar Yellow Z3 Coupe-Sold

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 Roadster 2.5
    It looks like the lift gate on the Jeep has been damaged before....so evidently it's not his first dance with another vehicle. Sad that it happened to a nice M Roadster.
    2000 Atlanta Blue Z3 2.5L 5 speed manual with factory hartop.

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Ouch, any pics of it unstuck? I hope it all gets resolved quickly.
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    1998 Z3 M Roadster.

No broken glass.
    Hopefully a body shop can pull the dents out, resprayed and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe
    Black Friday - the day people are out caving in to consumerism the day after they're supposed to be grateful for what they already have.

-Ed Hands
    MaxPSI Stg2 Turbo
    R.Forbes magic F&R
    100K Original owner miles.
    Proud member of the BF.c FI - Big Torque Club (>500wtq Dyno Results)

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by E.Hands View Post
    Black Friday - the day people are out caving in to consumerism the day after they're supposed to be grateful for what they already have.

Really sorry about the hood__what a dumbass; an impatient dumbass!

My Cars
    z3
    Will probably need a new hood, but not the end of the world. Hopefully he had insurance!

My Cars
    2000 m roadster 2010 x3
    That's why I went fishing �� today.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster
    I do my shopping online because I hate face-to-face social interaction.

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    Sorry about the hit. Of course, the only bit with visible damage is the largest panel on the car!

Buy Nothing Day yesterday over here. I cheated a bit and bought the newspaper that morning, so not quite Nothing for me.
    Call me Mel. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me at home, I thought I would motor about a little and see the other parts of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation.

My Cars
    2001 BMW Z3 2.5i
    smfh

My Cars
    Tesla MYP
    Sorry to see this. Last year I was in a collision and needed the hood replaced - crazy enough a replacement hood isn't that much, but one of the headlights was nearly the same cost. Hope this gets resolved quickly.

My Cars
    1997 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by z3forlife View Post
    That's why I went fishing �� today.
    And I hiked to a campground.
    The only idiots in sight were family and my compatriots (9 miles with full packs).

Sorry to see that damage. Good luck!

My Cars
    99 Coupe Hell Yeah Red
    This reminds me of the time a similar style vehicle backed straight into the hood of my coupe while I stood a few feet away. C'mon, dude!!! Sad to see, but glad you were there to make sure they didn't drive off.

My Cars
    2002 M coupe & 2008 M3
    Roslund's body shop was the place to go back when I lived in Tallahassee. That's a pain! Good luck with getting it fixed.
    2002 M coupe - Imola/Imola, 18" BBS LM, Wilwood BBK, TC Kline S/A coilovers, Supersprint V2 stepped headers, SS Section 1 race cats, SS Section 2 X-pipe, SS Race exhaust, 3.73 differential, Sport mode, Dinan ECU
    2008 M3 sedan - Melbourne/Black, 6MT, AA test pipes, Dinan exhaust, BPM Sport tune, Dinan intake, Swift springs

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    Have you discovered yet that he didn't have insurance?

My Cars
    1998 Z3 M Roadster.
    He had insurance,
    Dealt with pretty quicklly too.
    checks on it's way, there will be a suplimental payout for the headlight. Plus a rental car for the week.

Only downside, my bodyshop of choice is backed up till Jan
    Yes Roslynd's Blue.

My Cars
    2003 325i
    Wow the damage was actually not as bad as I would have thought.

My Cars
    '02 Z3, '09 Mini
    This very nearly happened to me a couple months ago... I had just pulled into a center pump at a gas station and turned off the engine when the huge texas pickup truck that was parked at the entrance started up and started backing toward me. It didn't try to veer off to the side, just kept coming toward the driver front side of the hood.

I kept trying to punch the horn button (not that it probably would have made a difference) but the wheel was turned and I couldn't find the #@$%@# horn buttons so I just kept punching at the steering wheel. Like a nightmare where you can't scream or whatever. Anyway the idiot stopped inches from the hood, and then pulled away and off to the left. He then stopped and stuck his head out the window and looked back and gave me a questioning 'thumbs up' sign.

So if I'm interpreting this correctly, this guy's method of backing up is to keep going until he hits someone, THEN he knows he's gone too far. Anyway I think I need to paint those horn symbols white so I can see them when I need the horn....

Learning this lesson, a few days later I had just parked at the outermost pump at the far end of a gas station when ANOTHER monster texas pickup truck (with huge tires sticking way out the sides) decides to try to squeeze by between my car and the curb at the side of the gas station lot.... Missed the door mirror by an inch or two...... Blech..... I have a visceral hatred for those trucks.
    Last edited by raubritter; 12-02-2017 at 08:22 AM.

My Cars
    broads & booze!!!
    I watched someone parallel park her expedition over my 944S2. when I confronted her and showed her the mark her spare left on my car's nose she said it wasn't her.

As much as I would like to put my kid in a sports car for her first car like a Miata, I know that's a death sentence because the dopes in their parent's SUV, and the parents in their SUVs wont see her and she wont be quick enough/have the sixth sense from experience to know whats going on. A mini may be too small with all the driver only, nothing ever in the bed F150s around me.

I'm too old to learn how to drive an automatic.

My Cars
    z3
    My kid's first car will be a Volvo

My Cars
    MRster / Z4 M4i / X5 M50
    A great experience for new drivers is a Tire Rack Street Survival class. They focus on defensive driving and accident avoidance.

http://www.streetsurvival.org/
    2002 M Roadster, Steel Gray Metailic, Gray Nappa Leather, Black Soft Top, Steel Gray Metailic Hard Top, TC Kline Double Adj Shocks with H&R Springs, Stromung Exhaust, SSR Type C Wheels. Looking for a new home.

2022 Z4 M40i, Misano Blue Metallic, Prem Pkg, Driver Assistance Pkg

2023 X5 M50, Phytonic Blue, Black Extended Merion Leather, Driving Asst Pro Pkg, Park Asst Pkg, Exec Pkg, Climate Comfort Pkg.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster
    I've had two people driving the new Ford Super Duties almost merge on top of me in the last two weeks. The first one, I had my windows down and yelled, "no, BAD," like I was scolding a child and he immediately moved away. He also had his windows down

My Cars
    broads & booze!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by khammack View Post
    A great experience for new drivers is a Tire Rack Street Survival class. They focus on defensive driving and accident avoidance.

http://www.streetsurvival.org/
    I coached at a street survival (and have the polo to prove it) and agree it is great. But as much as it will teach the kids the limits of the car, it takes experience/a sixth sense to see what the other person is about to do. I was in the roadster with my daughter a few years ago. I was in the right lane of two left turn lanes. there was a kid in the big lexus SUV on my left, and aa big pickup in back of me. The SUV didn't know I was to his right, and the pickup was looking over me. As we started to make the turn I told my daughter to prepare to be hit. She said why, and I said because that guy on the left doesn't see us and is turning wide. Sure enough he saw the pickup behind me and thought he had the right lane. the pickup didn't want to let him in, and there I was almost under the mess. The horn woke the kid in the SUV up, I saw him looking for where it came from, having no idea I was by his door. I didn't see the face of the driver in back of me because I was gunning it so as to not get run over.

I don't think a 16 year old would have been so fortunate.

I'm too old to learn how to drive an automatic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast