Thread: New set of tires

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4 2.5i

New set of tires

About the purchase 4 new Michelin PILOT SPORT A/S 3+ 225/50ZR16
    Good? Bad? look elsewhere?
    I red many reviews almost for all brands, same set of tires people can be very happy in every way in a same time different people talking about the same set how horrible the tires are.
    Who to believe what to look for. These sets i'm getting from Costco and around $500 all installed. I don't care paying few hundred dollars more as long as i can be happy with the tires.
    Should i look for some other brands?

My Cars
    2003 Z4 2.5
    I found some 18 inch wheels that go on the 3.0 to upgrade from 16's. I went thru Tire Rack and read all the reviews and comparisons of different tires. I only drive mine once or twice a month so basically all I wanted was All-Season and fairly good tread life. Sounds like you got a great deal. I've yet to have mine installed.

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4 2.5i
    I'll do the same, not going to drive daily and i saw many articles about aged tires and how dangerous they can be even they look brand new.
    Can't wait to see differences from RFT to Michelin's i'm getting. Another thread i asked about how far roof goes when you open it, how is your car works
    mine goes all the way down and at the end i have to push a little to lock in place (mine is all automatic up/down)
    Last edited by Salacak; 11-22-2017 at 10:01 AM.

My Cars
    2003 Z4 2.5
    Mine works as it is supposed too I guess. I run A/C alot so I leave top up.

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4
    I have never had great luck with Michelin.

My Z4 is my daily car so I prefer All Season Tires for this use. Right now, I have Bridgestone RE760 Sports in my car and they are ok.

When they die,I will replace them with Continental DWS06’s which have been great in my Mercedes. I also like the Conti ExtremeContact Sports (formerly called DW) on my 911.

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4 2.5i
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryFD View Post
    I have never had great luck with Michelin.

My Z4 is my daily car so I prefer All Season Tires for this use. Right now, I have Bridgestone RE760 Sports in my car and they are ok.

When they die,I will replace them with Continental DWS06’s which have been great in my Mercedes. I also like the Conti ExtremeContact Sports (formerly called DW) on my 911.
    New Michelin 3+ are different i think, went for it, I couldn’t drive much because weather and all but after run flats these are pleasure to drive with, also got a great deal for set of 4.
    Tire rack and everywhere else these were the top reviewed/liked tires. We will see I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Salacak; 12-10-2017 at 10:07 AM.

My Cars
    z3
    Pro tip...

If ordering from Tire Rack, check their eBay page before buying. Every time I've bought from Tire Rack, their eBay prices were lower. Not by a huge amount, but you still get the same warranty, same tires, just saves a few bucks.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4 2.5i
    Actually got it from Costco, around $500 include install and all tires manufactured day was three weeks ago.
    Very happy

My Cars
    2006 BMW M6 coupe
    I bought the exact same tires, but in 17", for my 2007 Z4 3.0i roadster last spring when it came out of storage and was very pleased with them during the summer. I traded the car in the fall for a 2006 BMW M6 coupe which came with Michelin Pilot Super Sport summer performance tires (half worn) which also seem to perform very well, but I have not yet driven the car in the rain. It is now away in winter storage, so maybe I will put these tires to the test next spring.The A/S 3+ tires replaced the original Bridgestone run-flats, and I noticed that an annoying rattle which was present on the way to the tire shop disappeared on the way home.David
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4 2.5i
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Zed View Post
    I bought the exact same tires, but in 17", for my 2007 Z4 3.0i roadster last spring when it came out of storage and was very pleased with them during the summer. I traded the car in the fall for a 2006 BMW M6 coupe which came with Michelin Pilot Super Sport summer performance tires (half worn) which also seem to perform very well, but I have not yet driven the car in the rain. It is now away in winter storage, so maybe I will put these tires to the test next spring.The A/S 3+ tires replaced the original Bridgestone run-flats, and I noticed that an annoying rattle which was present on the way to the tire shop disappeared on the way home.David
    That is a monster car you got there.
    So far I’m very happy with these Michelins
    I had my car little more than a month and not much driven in wet conditions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2007 Z4 3.0Si
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Zed View Post
    Not tire related but that there is my new dream car but in convertible build... Indianapolis red metallic for the win, it's so nice!!