Until a few weeks ago I had a 2014 June registered 730d. Great car and had never been a problem from new. Until the front disks got a bit thin. So I said fit some new ones. That was at 69k miles. 4k miles later, and 4 sets of new disks later,with a bill for £±1200 I rang my repairers, a BMW main dealer to see if it was ready to collect, and was told that it was unsafe to drive. Having had it back 4 times for bad brakes, I had by then lost all confidence in the car. If I was to be driving it on motorways, I needed to know that the whole car would not shudder violently and nearly pull the wheel from my hands. So I said to keep it and give me what it was worth. This turned out to be £15.5k on a car with a list price of £66k. I was so annoyed that I took it, feeling sure that it was only my car that was affected. I later discovered that someone I knew who owned a 6 series of similar age was having similar problems with his car.
Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a item with genuine BMW supplied disks?