Thread: E28 Drift Build (Videos)

My Cars
    77 530i 92 325 s50 swap

E28 Drift Build (Videos)

Allright here goes nothing. I will be documenting this build primarly throught videos, but I will also update with the ocasional photo.
    SO the car is a 87 535is, and the plan is to build a drift car. I bought the car for $350 ($700 in back fees) but seeing as I am going to strip it I am debating on fliping this one since it is a IS. That way I can pour a little more money into this prodject. The plan was to go M30 turbo, but the more I think about it the more I am entertaining the thought of going N54. For now im just going to get the m30 tuned up and get the car out onto the track in stock form.
    Here is the first video, its a little boring, just basicly talkes about my goles for the car and why it means alot to me. Videos in the future will be alot more exciting
    Here is a picture of me buying my first E28 from a old MyE28 member back when I was 16
    and here is how she looks when she is all cleaned up. These are both pictures of my nice 535is, the one I am building is in alot wost shape.

Here is a link to my youtube channel, please let me know where I can improve

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWj...9oOcTJVOUoC75w

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    First thought: Jesus what a handsome man
    Second thought: Is that a mullet?
    Third thought: I have the weirdest boner right now.

Please, continue.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    77 530i 92 325 s50 swap
    hahaha why yes, that is a mullet. I was growing it for the Rad Dan Mullet Contest, but when that finished, I just kept it going. Wife is not stoked...

My Cars
    1985 535i
    Turbo M30 is a lot cheaper than an n54. They'll do 15psi bone stock forever. ARP + MLS and you're good for well over 500whp. To start just strip it, ebay chip, 3.73 welded, and send it. They shred and knuckles are super easy to mod for massive angle. But do yourself a favor and buy an adjustable rear subframe.

Also make sure the cam oil rail bolts are tight.

My Cars
    77 530i 92 325 s50 swap
    Well im looking at picking up a wrecked e92 for around $3500, the thought is to sell everything but the engine and trans. Hopfully get the price of the drive train as close to free as possable. I know it will be alot more work but I think its worth it. I have come to the concusion that I am more of a builder then a driver, and Im ok with that. Jrcanes55 can you elaberate on the adjustable subfraim? I still have not figured out what I want to do as far as rear suspention. I was thinking about making some sort of adjustable trailing arm. Like the old dtm E30 race cars. We have that set up on the Red Baron Racing E30, and it seems to be working really well.

My Cars
    1984 533i
    Just buy the weld in rear trailing arm adjusters. I'd go posi-lock style since I had issues with my eccentrics slipping, but have had people tell me that they prefer the eccentrics just due to ease of adjustment. That and fresh bushings should be all you need to get a decent alignment out of the rear.

My Cars
    77 530i 92 325 s50 swap
    I have been busy in the shop, but finaly got around to working on the E28, the car is in decent shape now that I have had a chance to go through it. I have been plaing around with the idea of selling it. I feel a little bad completly riping apart a 535is, when I could just buy a $500 528e and build that. I'll put it up and see if anyone wants to save it, if not it's full steam ahead. I think I have come to a decision on what engine I will be going with. My friend is selling his turbo M52 for a good price, and it will bolt right in because I am planning on doing a E36 front subfram swap. Although I really wanted to do the N54 swap, that will have to wait till later as I think this is the best option to get me out to the track.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I don't know anything about E28s. What's so different between a 535is and a 528e other than the motor?

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    77 530i 92 325 s50 swap
    Well they are just worth more to some people. They came with a front and rear spoiler, sport seats LSD and i think bigger sway bars. Also I think it is rare to have black interior with the red paint. But thats about it.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Normally I'd say "f it" but prices of e30/e28s are going up up up. Makes me a little sad. But yea you make sense.

My Cars
    E36 M3, jzxE28
    Quote Originally Posted by protomor View Post
    I don't know anything about E28s. What's so different between a 535is and a 528e other than the motor?
    535's have this shitty brake bomb thing.
    instagram @andyitslit

My Cars
    77 530i 92 325 s50 swap
    Allrigth so picked up a engine for the E28. Decided to go with a M52 turbo set up. I got the engine from a friend and couldnt pass up the deal. Anyways all that is in the video and more, hope you like it.