Thread: Hardtop Adjustment Front Latches

My Cars
    03 525it/5, 1967 GTO

Hardtop Adjustment Front Latches

I have my rear bayonet pin adjustments set at the right height with the rubber gasket level with the tonneau cover. Minimal noise now and no rattles over bumps, but I'm getting wind at the winshield header on the passenger side. Can the front latches be adjusted to tighten the gap, or is the only adjustment on the inner rods that attach to the handle level (you can only see these with the headliner removed so doubtful that's used for routine front height adjustment). I see the two nuts on either side of the latches with the allen centers, but those only seem used to bolt the latch bases to the roof itself. Mine still has good rubber isolators on the front pins and the latches are lubed well and closing well, so maybe I'm s.o.l?

Any tips or photos for front adjustments would be greatly appreciated. I've searched prior posts but very little comes up for the front latches.

My Cars
    03 525it/5, 1967 GTO
    Found a couple more threads talking about the front adjustments. One mentions loosening those front nuts and turning the center allen head to adjust. I don't think that works as its all one piece that can be turned via the allen head in the center or via a 13mm socket. Looks like turning clockwise lenghthens the latch and counter clockwise tightens it, but only by a few mm. No change in wind noise for me using either adjustment.