Thread: Sacramento shop recommendations

My Cars
    1998 740il dinan 7

Sacramento shop recommendations

Hey guys, since my move to Sacramento, folsom area, its been hard finding a trust worthy mechanic willing to work on my supercharged car. I've had Schatz & Krum do my AC diagnosis turn into AC refill then turn into seized AC compressor. the refill never fixed the problem and so not trusting their diagnostic skills to the fullest. Went to European sports car garage and Paul literally opened the hood and closed it saying he's not gonna touch a highly modified car like this and referred me to Steve Dinan in mountain view... sigh. I do have 2 Supra specific mechanic who are also BMW certified but they are busy till January. Been itching to get on this sooner so here I am. any suggestions of shops you personally know and use regularly with your bmw?

My Cars
    E38 E36
    Quote Originally Posted by shenofjo View Post
    Went to European sports car garage and Paul literally opened the hood and closed it saying he's not gonna touch a highly modified car like this and referred me to Steve Dinan in mountain view...
    Ha Ha Ha...I can totally see Paul doing this. He's an extremely competent mechanic, but he's also a smart businessman so he avoids getting involved in car projects that have unknown modifications, or have had too many hands on the motor.
    "Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 3:15 open differential with an M5 sway-bar outback, a 4.4 liter V-8 with Bosch sequential fuel injection, four cams, 32 valves, VANOS units using Beisan Systems seals, 10 to 1 pistons, a conservative 282 macht schnell horsepower, all planted to the earth with AC Schnitzer Type II Racing Wheels and Michelin PS2s at all four corners, an M5 rear sway-bar outback, and a Strong-Strut tower brace up front. We're talkin' some Deutschland muscle."

My Cars
    1998 740il dinan 7
    any suggestions? im willing to pay to make this car run right

My Cars
    2001/740i
    Quote Originally Posted by shenofjo View Post
    Hey guys, since my move to Sacramento, folsom area, its been hard finding a trust worthy mechanic willing to work on my supercharged car. I've had Schatz & Krum do my AC diagnosis turn into AC refill then turn into seized AC compressor. the refill never fixed the problem and so not trusting their diagnostic skills to the fullest. Went to European sports car garage and Paul literally opened the hood and closed it saying he's not gonna touch a highly modified car like this and referred me to Steve Dinan in mountain view... sigh. I do have 2 Supra specific mechanic who are also BMW certified but they are busy till January. Been itching to get on this sooner so here I am. any suggestions of shops you personally know and use regularly with your bmw?

I'm in Sacramento you could try Andrew's Automotive Repair he specializes in BMW he has the best prices anywhere and he knows his stuff he worked for Niello for a while know has his own small Indy shop off of Sutterbypass near Sac City's college. Here is his number for you and anyone interested 916-905-0825 the best kept Secret in Sacramento

My Cars
    1998 740il dinan 7
    When I go in, who do I thank for the referral?

My Cars
    2001/740i
    Tell him Alonzo sent you. I've known him along time family friend. Trust me he is the real deal can't beat his prices he is legit. Andrew has been diagnosing my vehicle since he was 16. So if you need work done Bummer or other and in or near Sacramento. Hit up Andrews Automotive Repair or search him on the web.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus Andrew is BIMMER certified and worked for the Stealership for awhile before going Indy

My Cars
    1998 740il dinan 7
    Thanks Alonzo, going in wednesday after work around 4:30pm. care to come out for a meet and greet? if time doesnt allow, we can always meet another time. been wanting to go to the sacramento raceway one of these days.

My Cars
    e36
    Andrew's is closed. any other recommendation for a shop that knows e36?

My Cars
    2001 525it
    Phadrus San Francisco h & b bmw Berkeley