Thread: Homelink won't enter training mode

My Cars
    2011 BMW 328i Convertibl

Homelink won't enter training mode

Hi! I've just bought a new house and am trying to set up my homelink. I have followed the instructions to the letter:

1. Hold down buttons 1 and 3 until the light blinks rapidly to clear other settings.
    2. Hold down the remote and the homelink button simultaneously while waiting for the light to switch from slow blink to rapid blink - it won't do this.

I called Homelink and they said that it isn't going into training mode for some reason and that I have to take it to the dealer.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, were you able to remedy it without the dealer? I was hoping maybe there is some secret reboot that would resent the entire system.

Thanks!

My Cars
    The garage door systems are not universal as they would have you believe. Your vehicle may not be able to sync to your garage door opener. As a BMW tech, there is literally nothing I can do to help you. I can't go to your house and try it. There is no way to test the systems. I would hold 1 and 3, and if it blinks fast, that's as far as I can go.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    2011 328i, 1983 320iS
    If you have a Craftsman, Chamberlan, or Liftmaster garage door opener made after 2011, it most likely won't work with the homelink in your car. You can get a repeater, but it has horrible range. Or you can just use the visor mount remote.

My Cars
    2008 BMW 335i Convertibl
    Quote Originally Posted by LemansBlau View Post
    If you have a Craftsman, Chamberlan, or Liftmaster garage door opener made after 2011, it most likely won't work with the homelink in your car. You can get a repeater, but it has horrible range. Or you can just use the visor mount remote.
    What he said ^^^^^^

My wife and I just sold our garage door company. We would get calls on this problem all the time after installing new operators. I had direct access to Liftmaster tech support and they said the same thing. My 2009 Dodge truck works fine with the built in control so I just put the spare remote in my BMW and called it a day.
    Look! Before our very eyes, the future is becoming the past.