BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: 1999 M3 RB26dett swapped 600whp

My Cars
    Looking

1999 M3 RB26dett swapped 600whp

I know this thread may not grab to much positive attention in this forum but I thought it wouldn't hurt to share. Please keep negative opinions off the posts. Some may not agree with the asking price, but remember is not another version of the ohh so common ls1 swaps.
    Hello fellow forum members. I have come across a car that has caught my attention, which leads me to be here putting this post together on the possibility of selling a beloved car of mine. I am posting this as more of a feeler to see if there would be any truly interested parties. I have taken this car to a couple of Import Alliance meets this past year and held quite a bit of attention wherever it has been taken and shown.
    This car and I have gone through a couple years of hard work and innovation to build something completely different and unexpected. I knew nothing was going to be simple, but looked forward to the challenge when I decided I wanted to do something outside of the box. I always loved the body lines of the M3 car, and have always loved JDM vehicles and have owned plenty such as a Z33, 240z, DC5, FD3s etc. So what else is there left to do other that shove a Skyline motor into a BMW… lol
    I started this project with the idea that I wanted to build something worthwhile and made a promise to not cut corners, nor spare any expense when part selection and fabrication came to be. This leads me to the beginning of the build process, which came down to Chassis selection and motor selection. I decided to start with a fresh unmolested longblock from an importer knowing that it was going to be disassembled and meticulously rebuilt to spec. I wanted to build the motor under my control with the knowledge that everything was done correct. I then decided to go with a true M3 car instead of the more basic E36 for a couple reasons. First, and foremost would be the OEM LSD that could be put to use with the power I was planning on putting to the ground. Also a benefit of getting a true M3 would be the vader seats and the exterior body panels. The search led me to a car located in Nashville Tennessee that upon finding knew that this would be the perfect chassis. I bought the car as a fully functioning M car to which I bought and drove back to my home in Kentucky. The point I’m trying to make here is that I chose to start with a clean slate having no hidden issues with the car or the motor.
    From this point I looked towards a couple companies to help me get the ball rolling now that I had the motorset and the chassis in my possession. First company I looked to was an Australian company named Dryden Motorsports (no longer in operation). For a short period of time they produced a kit that replaced the subframe of the car, utilized a custom sump, and used their CNC built mounts. They only imported a handful of these kits to the states before stopping production. Second company I made contact with was a very well known RB engine shop out of Florida named Raw Brokerage. I shipped them my motor set for a complete strip down rebuild from top to bottom, along with proper machine work such as a small bore with a torque plate and a hot tank of the block and head. I could not speak more highly of this group as they were there every step of the way and very supportive. There was a couple hiccups with the motorset upon initial start up, and because of the demographic challenges between me being in Kentucky and they being in Florida, the car ended up in the hands of a very hell respected and loved shop more local to me named Dynosty. Long story short, the motor received a fresh BRAND NEW cylinder head from Nissan (these are hard to come by), and was pulled apart, got a fresh hot tank to clean and a hone just for good measure. As I stated from the beginning I wanted everything done 100 percent correct for the benefit of me and any future owners. Not going to go on and on to make this feel like a build thread, but after Hal at Dynosty finished the tune, the car pumped out a very healthy, reliable 600whp limited by fuel (pump gas). Keep in mind this was on a safe tune. The motor itself is very capable of 1000hp if converted to E85 and bigger injectors. Anyway, On to a list of all the build components of the car……

ENGINE:
    RB26DETT Long Block
    Dryden Motorsports custom rear sump with baffle
    Wiesco 87.25 mm Forged Pistons
    Manley Performance Forged H-beam Connecting Rods
    Nitto Performance extended crank collar
    ACL coated main and rod bearings
    ARP main studs
    ARP Connecting rod bolts
    Tomei MLS Head Gasket
    Tomei MLS IN/EX manifold gaskets
    Tomei oil restrictor
    Tomei Poncams Type-B
    Tomei Intake and exhaust Cam gears
    Supertech STD valve set IN/EX
    Supertech valve stem seals
    Brian Crower valve springs
    Brian Crower bronze valve guides
    Ross Harmonic balance
    Ross crank trigger kit
    N1 oil pump
    OEM waterpump
    OEM thermostat
    OEM timing idler and tensioner
    Greddy timing belt
    Splitfire coilpacks
    NGK BCPR7es
    Saikou Michi custom catch can
    Lokar throttle cable
    Chase Bays power steering reservoir
    Genuine Nismo oil cap

DRIVETRAIN/TRANSMISSION:
    RB25det 5-speed Transmission
    Spec stage 3 clutch and pressure plate
    Circuit Sports clutch pivot
    ARP pressure plate bolts
    Redline MT90
    Shaftmasters custom 3-inch aluminum driveshaft
    ISR/Enjuku short shifter
    Tomei Shift knob
    Custom stainless steel braided clutch line

FORCED INDUCTION:
    Precision 6766 billet wheel turbocharger - T4 .86 exhausthousing/ported comp housing
    DOC Race turbo manifold
    Treadstone TR1235 intercooler
    Tial Q blow off valve
    Tial MVR 44mm wastegate
    Treadstone -3an oil feed
    Custom 3-inch charge pipes
    Custom 3.5 inch stainless steel downpipe and exhaust
    Custom 4 inch intake
    PTP turbo blanket
    DEI firesleeve for turbo oil feed
    Heatshield Products fire sleeve for oil drain

FUEL SYSTEM:
    Sard 11mm fuel rain
    Injector Dynamics 1000cc top feed injectors
    Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
    Fuelab 10 micron fuel filter
    Aeromotive 340lph stealth fuel pump
    Rally Road Productions fuel pump sleeve
    Fragola fuel lines and fittings
    ***Also have a bnib Radium fuel surge tank kit that houses dual AEM pumps that was bought for the E85 conversion. Could be included in sale if asking price is met. Radium filter also included suitable for Ethanol fuel.

ENIGNIE MANAGEMENT/ELECTRONICS
    Haltech Platinum pro ECU
    Haltech HT-059960 WBC1 w/ Gauge
    Haltech HT-020400 Boost Control Solenoid
    Haltech 3 bar MAP sensor
    Haltech HT-010214 IAT Sensor
    Wiring Specalties standalone engine harness
    Defi white boost gauge in bar
    Speedhut oil temp gauge
    Speedhut oil pressure gauge
    Speedhut water temp gauge

COOLING:
    Mishimoto dual pass radiator
    Mocal 13 row 235mm Oil cooler
    Earls 1178ERL Adaptor
    Earls 2178ERL Billet Remote Filter Mount
    Earls 501ERL Remote Thermostat
    Vibrant -10an oil cooler Fittings/Hoses
    Chasebays Coolant Overflow
    Derale -6an Dual Pass PS Cooler
    Circuit Sports Swirl Pot
    Nismo radiator cap
    Spal 12 inch fan
    Spal 10 inch fan
    Derale independent radiator fan relays

CHASSIS/SUSPENSION:
    Chase Bays Brake booster Delete
    Wilwood Brake master cylinder
    Chase Bays ABS delete and brake line relocation
    Fortune Auto 500 Series Coilovers
    Lemforder lower ball joints
    ECS braided brake lines (Front)
    Vertex Hells Racing limited edition suede steering wheel
    DTM fiberworkz Carbon fiber side skirt extensions (uninstalled)
    Replica LTW spoiler with risers
    Authentic BBS wheels with Michelin pilot sport tires

Now that’s out of the way….. lol I guess I need to speak a minute on what I expect to get out of the car. I know that there is now way I am going to get back what I have put into this car, but you can do the research and see that all the above will add up to over $25,000 alone. Keep in mind, this number does not even consider the amount of labor cost that was spent to get everything to where it is at such as fabrication and lots of machine work and motor assembly. Also does not reflect the value of the car itself I have over $10,000 in receipts for labor/tuning alone. In no way am I trying to boast about money spent on a car, I’m just giving justification to the asking price I am going to list on this thread. May seem ridiculous to some on here and don’t know how much real attention this ad will get, but I’m going to list the car initially for $29,000.
    Please text me at 502-229-one three two seven for serious inquiries. I can provide any pictures or videos if requested. I will not load this thread down with pictures since I cannot use photobucket anymore.
    Thanks and congrats if you have read this far….. 
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Nice looking car. Well done and a unique project. And big power. Too bad you must sell because I️ know you have much more money in it but hopefully you can find a new home for it.

My Cars
    Turbo 99' M3
    Great car man, very nice build.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328is
    If only I had the money, beautiful swap and good luck!

My Cars
    E92 M3 Coupe
    If I am not being too indiscreet how much did it cost you to put together this build?

My Cars
    E92 M3 Coupe
    I am working on a similar build for my M3 (My first swap project tbh) and looking to soak up as much knowledge on the subject as I possibly can before I get into the nitty-gritty.
    I have my eyes set in the RB26DETT swap engine for sale It looks like a complete swap and should help me save on extra purchases for spares.

My dilemma is what ECU would be better suited to my M3. I read somewhere that the fitment might be a little off for the M3, so please any insight on these would be very much appreciated.

My Cars
    850Ci, Excursion
    This is a 6 yr old for sale thread. The OP hasn't been on the forum in 4 years.