Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    '97 BMW 328is
    looks like we have the same radio

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajaxx1989 View Post
    looks like we have the same radio
    It is a good unit, the font is a close match to the on board computer. With the LED color set to red and the dimmer mode on it fits in well.

Now if I get the crap speakers upgraded it will be good to go.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is
    Before and after progress pictures side by side.

My Cars
    Mazda 3
    Looking good!

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    Nice conversion!

My 2 cents.... don't put HID's in the DEPOs. Just get some good H1 bulbs instead (or retrofit). The optics aren't designed for HID bulbs. You won't get optimal output and you'll give off more glare. I've been down the Halogen, HID, and retrofit road a few times before.

My Cars
    98 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by LockDots View Post
    Nice conversion!

My 2 cents.... don't put HID's in the DEPOs. Just get some good H1 bulbs instead (or retrofit). The optics aren't designed for HID bulbs. You won't get optimal output and you'll give off more glare. I've been down the Halogen, HID, and retrofit road a few times before.

2nd this.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by LockDots View Post
    Nice conversion!

I just went with basic H1 bulbs. They are plenty sufficient. I didn't even get the premium ones, I could always get the brighter ones if I want later.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is
    Got the rear bumper sorted today and the diffuser on. The diffuser required a bit of monkeying with to get a decent fitment on the stock 325is bumper.

At some point I will likely pick up a real M3 rear bumper assembly.

Last edited by Deus Ex Machina; 02-04-2018 at 01:29 PM.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is
    I removed the old tail lights today, brushed down some corroded areas under the front edge of the mounting cavities and treated them. I painted the small spot between the bottom of the left lenses and the bumper and swapped in the new Depo smoked lights.

Besides finishing up the door panels and doing the valve cover gasket, it's mostly to my liking for the moment.

I found an M3 replica diffuser that is made to fit the non M rear bumper, I may pick one up at some point. I could modify the OEM M3 one to fit properly, but by the time I got the plastic compound, did the molding and painted it, I would have as much in it as getting the aftermarket one. It's less than $70.
    Last edited by Deus Ex Machina; 02-04-2018 at 06:49 PM.

My Cars
    98 328IS 03 325xi
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post
    Got my M3 side trim clips and grommets in the mail Saturday. I popped on the trim and used forever black on it. Since most of the trim came from an M3 that was wrecked in the trunk, but the rear bumper strip was the stock badly faded piece (and the drivers door piece is brand new), I expected some issues with matching.

I was surprised at the results, I figure I will have to go over the back strip many times for it to stay a deep black long though.

Next up, the side skirts and the diffuser..

Forever black is good stuff, very resistant to fading.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gave away my BMWs, driving a VW and an Audi now.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by jmo69 View Post
    Forever black is good stuff, very resistant to fading.

I posted Forever Black but I actually got Meguiars Ultimate Black. I am impressed. After 2 days of heavy rain there was very slight streaking but all of the pieces are still color matching, and the rear bumper trim was badly greyed out.

Not bad for one application. I figure after a couple of rounds it will be even better.

My Cars
    98 328IS 03 325xi
    I removed the old tail lights today, brushed down some corroded areas under the front edge of the mounting cavities and treated them. I painted the small spot between the bottom of the left lenses and the bumper and swapped in the new Depo smoked lights.

Besides finishing up the door panels and doing the valve cover gasket, it's mostly to my liking for the moment.

I found an M3 replica diffuser that is made to fit the non M rear bumper, I may pick one up at some point. I could modify the OEM M3 one to fit properly, but by the time I got the plastic compound, did the molding and painted it, I would have as much in it as getting the aftermarket one. It's less than $70.
    I've got one of those diffusers, I ended up using Plasti-dip because the rattle can paint ran on me. It does look nice on the car though.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by jmo69 View Post
    I've got one of those diffusers, I ended up using Plasti-dip because the rattle can paint ran on me. It does look nice on the car though.

If you do any plastic pieces again, use Duplicolor High Performance Wheel Paint. The satin black is a good deep black and it goes on super smooth with the fan tip..

That's actually what I used on the grey area on my back bumper.

My Cars
    98 328IS 03 325xi
    If you do any plastic pieces again, use Duplicolor High Performance Wheel Paint. The satin black is a good deep black and it goes on super smooth with the fan tip..

That's actually what I used on the grey area on my back bumper.
    I've got some matt black engine paint left from the m56 valve cover mod I did on my e46, I'll just use that.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is
    I got a couple of new parts in. The airbag for the steering wheel was shipped separately, hopefully it will come in tomorrow.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is
    One more part, It was the only damaged interior piece.

My Cars
    '08 Acura TL Type S
    I got a couple of new parts in. The airbag for the steering wheel was shipped separately, hopefully it will come in tomorrow.

You're going to love that steering wheel over the stock one.

I have the Mishimoto rad also, with their electric fan and fan controller (but I didn't get their shroud, hacked up my plastic one instead). Very good stuff.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by JEC928 View Post
    You're going to love that steering wheel over the stock one.

I have the Mishimoto rad also, with their electric fan and fan controller (but I didn't get their shroud, hacked up my plastic one instead). Very good stuff.
    I have the slip ring and bracket waiting, so when the air bag comes in I think it's one horn wire splice and good to go.

I have the Mishi Fan and shroud/controller kit as well, but I am just rolling with a new fan clutch until I get motivated to do the wiring.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is
    A guy from Atlanta has an E90 he is wanting to trade for my 325is. Not a fan of Autos, but it is nice. Has the M3 front bumper. The stock wheels, not the ones in the side view pic though. Not sold on it.

My Cars
    '08 Acura TL Type S
    No sports seats or M-sport options, no care. Also no twin-turbo.

I have been watching E90 prices fall to E46 levels for 6 months or so, and been watching nice 325is's get rarer for a couple years. Luxo-base 328i's sold in great numbers (black on black or silver mostly) and are all now hitting big maintenance time. If this car has more than 100k miles it's $6k on a small weasel lot, $4k among friends, and once all the E46s are parted out more and more of these will follow them.

Also electric water pump mandatory annual replacement or the risk of sudden death from it's failure. I know a guy who happily gave some independent shop $5k a year to keep his black on black 328i in tip-top shape.

However E90s lack certain E36 charms such as distintegrating interiors and subframe cracks. Many hitting the market now were gently used and well-maintained, and drive like new. I'm hoping to score a nice M-Sport brakes and suspension example. And the turbo 335i cars.... Mmmmmm...

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is
    Yeah, I don't really like sedans or autos much, the guy has maintenance records back to when it was new. It looks to be nice, but in my opinion the E36 was the high point for the 3 series.

Mine and the 323is I found for my friend are the nicest examples I could come up with with over a year of searching.

I expect that the E90's aren't nearly as nimble and fun as an E36.

My Cars
    '08 Acura TL Type S
    I haven't driven one yet. But the growth anf dulling program of the 3 series was in full effect from the E30 onwards.

My Cars
    98' M3/4/5, 85' 944
    i wouldnt but im not a fan of bmws after the e36 and e34 personally.......

what are the details on that steering wheel whats the diameter, how much, where did you get it?? Does it come in Alcantara or suede? Looks nice

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by tvcasualty View Post
    i wouldnt but im not a fan of bmws after the e36 and e34 personally.......

what are the details on that steering wheel whats the diameter, how much, where did you get it?? Does it come in Alcantara or suede? Looks nice
    I ordered it from Ebay, there is a guy who refurbishes them with new leather from the Ukraine. I think he does custom work on the profile of the wheels, some of them have really techno looking wheel contours, or flat bottoms. I am not sure of the diameter. The basic wheel is a Euro spec 3 spoke so I expect it is the same.

He does have alcantara/suede type material available. He has a lot of listings for different variations on ebay. It does take a while for them to get here from Ukraine. Shipping is free so no cost on top of the Buy it Now price.

My Wheel:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E31-E34...72.m2749.l2649

Alcantara version with a flat bottom:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E31-E34...QAAOSw2LZabNhD

Alcantara version, same profile as mine, red stripe:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E31-E34...QAAOSw6GJaOCcd
    Last edited by Deus Ex Machina; 03-26-2018 at 01:06 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast