Thread: I have a friend...

My Cars
    2005 BMW Z4

I have a friend...

I have a friend who owns a plastic injection mold company located in Tennessee. Because the Convertable top filler covers are very hard to find, he said he would like to have a set to see if he can make a duplicate copy for a mold. He said he can use a set on loan or if someone has a spare set they wouldn't mind having used for this purpose. He is legit and has produced discontinued parts for cars and bikes before. I think there is a market for this as it is a matter of wanting it but not necessary needing it. Please let me know if we can make this happen. OEM #'s 54340300393, 54340300382.

My Cars
    E85 Z4
    I don't have any but would love to be able to get some - definitely in if this can happen

My Cars
    2007 Z4C, 2012 Tacoma
    Don't own a roadster but this is a great opportunity. Free bump, good luck!

My Cars
    2007 Z4 3.0Si
    Holy cow!? If I would have know these were difficult to find, I would have been much nicer to them as I pulled the roof on my car?!
    Will he promise me to get them back(in same condition) if I pull and send him the current ones on my car to help the folks who may need them?
    Last edited by cdsweet; 11-18-2017 at 01:04 PM.

My Cars
    2014 428i, 2006 Z4 3.0i,
    I got a set last year from a BMW dealership in the Montreal Canada area. They problem seems to be the ability of the dealerships to ship to the US. I drove up and picked them up. If you know somebody up in the area, have them buy them and ship to you. I Googled the BMW dealerships. None had them in stock, but they were available in the Canadian warehouse. Again this was last year and I did post this after I got them.
    Stable:
    2006 Z4 3.01 - Mine
    2014 428ix Vert- Hers
    2013 328ix Coupe - His

My Cars
    2006 Z4 3.0iS
    reviving older post...

Was there ever any progress with this?

My Cars
    2008 Z4 Roadster (2.0i)
    Yeah, wondering the same...

Any progress?

My Cars
    2007 Z4 3.0Si
    I never heard from them... I could still let them borrow mine as
    Other than one crazy nice and Sunny day mid January, my z4 has been just sitting in the heated garage since Thanksgiving.

My Cars
    2003 Z4 2.5
    These are very expensive. If you can find them, why they didn't come OEM is beyond me. Another replacement part that is way overpriced is the plastic that covers the convertible top motor on the windshield. Mine fell off due to the brittleness of the little locking tabs. I've looked into replacing it, but have almost decided on putting it back up with 3m two sided tape.

My Cars
    2006 Z4 3.0iS
    Quote Originally Posted by cdsweet View Post
    I never heard from them... I could still let them borrow mine as
    Other than one crazy nice and Sunny day mid January, my z4 has been just sitting in the heated garage since Thanksgiving.

Did you say you have a set and are willing to loan them out?
    if so - we should revive this project - I know there are many people who would love to get a set of these...
    self included!!!!!

My Cars
    2004 Z4R 06&12 Cooper S
    Not to step on any toes but check out skyer motorsport for several Z4 specific accessories.

https://skyermotorsport.com/

No affiliation, just supporting a company dedicated to our platform
    04R 3l 6 sp VF SC, custom ducting, alphaN, 2.62 pulley, multiport WMI,Severn Tuning(Pokeybritches), Tial BPV,Ceramic header, magnaflow section 1, SS race muffler/y-pipe, megan mounts,42 design catch can, CDV delete ,custom strut bar,3.91 LSD, H&R bars, Hotchkis links.Eibach Pro Kit,Koni Yellows.Megan camber arms. Carbon interior,SSK,UUC lines.CF aero. Poly bushings.

My Cars
    2006 BMW M Roadster
    would buy a set instantly!