Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is going on?

My Cars
    TT Cayenne / SC 850
    Test both crank position sensors, they should read a resistance of .540 ohm between pins 1 and 2.
    Test for spark with spark plug out.
    Alex is fairly close to you, I built him a laptop he may let you borrow.

My Cars
    91 850
    Okay, let me back track some. After doing the fuel test and it the problem didn't switch side. I also checked and snugged all of the spark plugs. Problem didn't change and I also realized I left spark plug cable #8 out but it didn't make a difference.

So after just about calling it a day, I button everything back up. Started the motor and it ran on complete limp home mode this time.

No firing on the driver side injectors. So I decided to try 8eights fuel line switch test one more time just for laughs.

Finally, I'm seeing a different result.
    The motor cranks but does not catch? So is one of the fuel lines starving of fuel or the fuel lines cannot be switched and still expect the motor to still run?

Im a bit confused now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ChrisFuture8; 11-15-2017 at 12:44 AM.

My Cars
    91 850
    Switched the fuel line back to the way it should be and the motor starts...of course in full LHM.

My Cars
    91 850
    Quote Originally Posted by cartoonz View Post
    Are we sure both the cap and rotor on that side are not fooked somehow?
    As sure as I can verify, Cartoonz.

My Cars
    TT Cayenne / SC 850
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFuture8 View Post
    Switched the fuel line back to the way it should be and the motor starts...of course in full LHM.

OK, you may have 2 problems, dead pump and something else. Do this, put both fuel lines in 2 coke bottles, then apply voltage(6v 1 amp does it for me but you can go v12) to fuses 23 and then 24. I bet one bottle will start filling with fuel the other one will stay dry.
    FYI, I have a refurbished fuel pump assembly if you will end up needing one.

My Cars
    91 850
    OK, I'll give that a try, Ed. Probably tomorrow and I have to get me a bottle of coke from 7-Eleven. We don't drink soda at home. Maybe my just empty bottle of POM might work. @:-)

My Cars
    1994 850CSi #125
    Fuel pump relays/fuses?
    Taylor in Cardiff

P=(p x v3 x Cd x A)/2

My Cars
    91 850
    Quick question. I don't have spare MAFs and I'm thinking I should have at least one MAF in the car for backup when on longer drives or road trips. While having a spare MAF is great for testing purpose and quick swap out when in a bind, a new pair of MAFs (if affordable) is probably best for the reason of the two operating the same.
    With that said, has anyone any experiences or heard positive feedback about the Walker's MAFs for our cars or any other make/model in general?

Here's their statement that I got from their site (under $150 per unit):

Walker Products began supplying the fuel system needs of the automotive industry in 1946. Today Walker is one of the largest, privately owned manufacturers of fuel system components and engine sensors, and has served the needs of the worldwide automotive aftermarket. We are committed to supplying products manufactured to meet or exceed OEM standards and specifications. This effort is backed by our own manufacturing, product management and engineering staff to ensure it is maintained and accurate in the production of quality parts, vehicle applications, instruction sheets and technical support. Our products include Carburetor and Fuel Injection Repair Kits, Oxygen Sensors and other Engine Management products such as Throttle Position Sensors, Cam and Crankshaft Sensors, Fuel Injectors, Spark Plug Wires and Gaskets. As an ISO 9001:2008/TS16949 certified company, we are committed to supplying the highest quality products.

My Cars
    '93 850Ci- Daily Driver
    Quick question. I don't have spare MAFs and I'm thinking I should have at least one MAF in the car for backup when on longer drives or road trips. While having a spare MAF is great for testing purpose and quick swap out when in a bind, a new pair of MAFs (if affordable) is probably best for the reason of the two operating the same.
    With that said, has anyone any experiences or heard positive feedback about the Walker's MAFs for our cars or any other make/model in general?

Here's their statement that I got from their site (under $150 per unit).
    Walker is a reputable company for emissions equipment parts - I have used their products in several of my vehicles without issue. I believe they even offer a warranty on their products.
    '93 850Ci - Mineralweiss Metallic
    ALPINA B7 -Alpinweiss III

...the price of cool ain't cheap!

My Cars
    91 850
    Awesome! Thanks for the very helpful feedback about the manufacturer's products.

My Cars
    TT Cayenne / SC 850

Here's their statement that I got from their site (under $150 per unit):

Walker Products began supplying the fuel system needs of the automotive industry in 1946. Today Walker is one of the largest, privately owned manufacturers of fuel system components and engine sensors, and has served the needs of the worldwide automotive aftermarket. We are committed to supplying products manufactured to meet or exceed OEM standards and specifications. This effort is backed by our own manufacturing, product management and engineering staff to ensure it is maintained and accurate in the production of quality parts, vehicle applications, instruction sheets and technical support. Our products include Carburetor and Fuel Injection Repair Kits, Oxygen Sensors and other Engine Management products such as Throttle Position Sensors, Cam and Crankshaft Sensors, Fuel Injectors, Spark Plug Wires and Gaskets. As an ISO 9001:2008/TS16949 certified company, we are committed to supplying the highest quality products.
    Do not buy Walker mafs. Walker is using Chinese single wire sensor in their mafs similar to what you find on ebay. Best bet is to buy a good used one with a 4 wire sensor.

My Cars
    '91 e31 M70 |'01 e38 M73
    I did see some Bosch on eBay for $250.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    MY SPEEDO ON THE 'BAHN!!! - @155!
    '07 e65|N62 - Alpina B7 - Black Sapphire|Black|Loaded
    '02 e46|M54 - Orient Blue|Beige|'Vert
    '00 e39|M52 - Anthrazit Metallic|Grey (Daughter's)
    '01 e38|M73 - Anthrazit Metallic|Schwarz|Shadow-Line
    '91 e31|M70 - Schwarz|Schwarz|M70

'13 328i Auto - Black Sapphire|Coral Red|Sport Line|GONE
    '05 545i SMG - Jet Black|Black|Bamboo Anthracite|GONE
    '07 335i Auto - Montego Blue|Grey|GONE
    '05 545i SMG - (Euro Delivery 7/22/05)|Black Sapphire|Auburn|GONE
    '97 528i Auto - GONE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123