Thread: Shocks and Struts

My Cars
    BMW 335i convertible

Shocks and Struts

Hello guys,

I have a 2011 335i convertible 6spd with a sports package. It has just crossed 90k miles. I have taken care of my car like a baby and always replace genuine parts. Never tuned it or added aftermarket parts as this is more of a tourer. I do road trips every month and those are mostly cross country trips. So by now you guys know how much I love this car.
    Maintenance wise I have tried my best to do the recommendations and preventive items like intake valves clean, all fluid change etc.
    I was thinking if I should replace my shocks and Struts. Texas roads are not that great and the car feels kind of uncomfortable at times during city driving.
    At what point generally you guys replace the shocks or just wait for the failure symptoms to appear ?
    I don't think I will go for any aggressive setup/ stiffer set up as this is more of a tourer car. I need a good balance between comfort and confidence driving. The way it is now (stock) is just perfect for me on mountain roads. The way I drive, I think our limits matches perfectly.
    So need your suggestions- if I should replace the shocks and Struts ? Billstein B4 is a good choice for OE quality handling ? What else you guys can recommend at this mileage?
    Clutch upgrade is due but the clutch feels solid so far so it can delay a bit.

Thank you guys.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    The Bilstein B4s are an excellent choice - we've heard nothing but good things about them; quality and performance wise. I'm attaching a link to our suspension parts catalog for your 2011 below, please let us know if you have any questions.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/...n-Steering.htm
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST