Thread: Northeast Winter Strategy

My Cars
    2007 BMW z4

Northeast Winter Strategy

Feel like I just got the car and really do not want to "store" it for the winter.

I have a brutal commute of approximately 120 miles a day and really can't use the car during the winter months. Looking on the forum and there is a point of view of driving the car every couple of weeks during the winter instead of fulling storing the car is an option.

The plan is putting the car in a storage facility without heat which will cost me about $150-200 per month for about three or four months and taking it out for a drive every couple of weeks.

I think that will work and looking for recommentations.

My Cars
    2007 Z4 3.0Si
    my only advice would be look for a storage unit with 110 power and hook up a battery tender.
    Holy cow! 120miles?!
    BMW's aren't bad in the winter? They are from Germany where winters can be brutal, right!? Both my kids have/had 5spd manual e30's(my oldest is still driving his and it been 7yrs now) year round here in SouthWest Ohio and there has only been one time during the winter when the youngest calls me shortly after leaving for high school on a fresh snow day... in the calmest voice, 'Dad, can you come pick me up and take me to school?' as per usual, he was running late and had some sort of test he was worried he was going to be late for and went a bit overboard with the throttle and the car went... well, look at the pics and you can see how that worked out.
    image1-8.jpgimage2-5.jpegimage3-3.jpeg

My Cars
    2007 BMW z4
    Thanks for the advice. I read about the battery tenders and I do have to check for the outlet.

You are a great dad and a BMW family. It does snow in Germany and probably more than in Dutchess County, NY. I am such a wimp. Thanks again.