Thread: Post your Daily Driver life hacks here!

My Cars
    85 325 stroker

Post your Daily Driver life hacks here!

So I just got my e30 running, and we all know its a blast to drive! Its infact SO much fun to drive that we have given up modern conveniences like charging ports, and cup holders! Yesterday, as I pulled my semi crushed drive through cup from between the seat and the parking brake lever it occurred to me, I bet the people here have come up with some crazy cupholder solutions! So I thought I'd post a thread about it and see what you guys have come up with!

So here's what to post, I want to see, and hear about, your E30 LIFE HACKS! Shoot a pic of your cable management for chargers, charging ports, where you put your auxiliary switches, subwoofer mounting, battery interrupt switches, 6disc changers, hell lets see your nifty trash bag ideas, your pen and work item organizers, and of course show us you CUPHOLDERS!!
    Last edited by BDubin; 11-11-2017 at 01:39 PM.

My Cars
    87 M6, 90 325iC, 89 iX
    I have found the cup holders that were offered in the Mercedes W124 chassis wagons a good design and grab them whenever I find them in my local pick and pull. They will mount nicely on any flat surface and are very sturdy. They are held on with 4 bolts and could be mounted to an E30's door panels if you don't mind the mounting holes that would be required.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life is too Short to drive boring cars"

1986 325E
    1989 325iX (Long term 5-speed/refresh project)
    1993 MB 300E
    1995 MB E320
    2000 Audi TT (Winter AWD snow beast)
    2007 Porsche Cayman S (Summer car)
    2009 VW Touareg

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    No compromises here. I have a single USB charger with cables for mini USB, old Apple, new Apple, etc., All the electrics work, and I have a custom-made cup holder for the center console.

Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

My Cars
    1983 320I, 1986 325E
    Removing the panel for the trunk pass through even if you don't have a fold down arm rest makes a subwoofer sound better in a e30. The trunk is normally quite sealed from the interior which muffles the sound quite a bit.

My Cars
    85 325 stroker
    Yeah guys! There ya go! I knwlew this would be a cool thread if a few people chimed in with some good ideas!

Hey man, show us some detail on that custom centerconsole cup holder. That looks great!

I found some "wedge" type cupholders designed to fit between the seat and the console for like $10. The mercades ones are a good idea, if you don't mind the holes that is.

Here's a version of the wedge with a phone holder

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B014I...KIKX0DER&psc=1
    Last edited by BDubin; 11-17-2017 at 08:52 AM.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    The one I have was made by a member on r3v called sfgadgetguy. He had them on Etsy... Not sure if he still does it, but worth a look. I really like mine.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!