Thread: Make INPA and DIS/GT1 talk through VMs

My Cars
    1992 BMW e36 325i

Make INPA and DIS/GT1 talk through VMs

Hi everyone,
    I've spent countless hours this week trying to get some diag software installed on my laptop, and I've come to some conclusions:
    - my car (92 E36 325i coupe) can only talk with ADS, so I need an old version of the bmw inpa/... soft
    - my laptop has Windows 10 x64 so it doesn't work on it
    - I've installed it (the INPA suite) on a virtual machine with XP, it works but I can't connect to the car because it doesn't have the option to talk the 3.1 DME of my engine (M50B25 without VANOS)
    - some guy on a forum somewhere said that DIS/GT1 can talk to it so i've installed it on another VM

Now i'm stuck because DIS/GT1 has to talk to ediabas, and they're both on virtual machines. I'm thinking I can get them to talk to each other through some clever editing of the hosts file or something like that but I can't figure it out, so can anyone help me? This whole thing is really hard
    Last edited by Jortex; 11-09-2017 at 08:13 PM.

My Cars
    E46 M52TU 323i 2003
    have just got BMW OBDII ...cost $36.00 2 disk includes INPA ,NCS,DIS,SSS and more comes with Dcam cable for windows 64bit from an eBayer called BMW_DIY_GARAGE in Romania ..this guy is a legend ..I had heaps of trouble installing onto an old Sony VAIO and he through Team Viewer went in and sorted it out but said the PC was past used by date so I went and got a second hand ACER with 4gb ram and duel processor.contacted him again and he installed the whole lot reset com port and latensie ..works a dream have redone mirrors seats lights reset service intervals and more ...look him up on ebay and just ask ..

My Cars
    1992 BMW e36 325i
    Thanks for the tip, I couldn't find the seller but I don't think this can work for me. My car doesn't even have an ODBII port, so I have to use old versions of the software package. I've managed to install it but it doesn't work yet, I think I can make it work with a little tweaking.

My Cars
    1992 BMW e36 325i
    So, update, I got INPA and DIS working (kind of).
    What I have now is:
    - a windows 10 machine with an ADS/USB interface (it's supposed to work with USB, I don't think that's the issue)
    - two seperate virtual machines, one with DIS v44 and the other with INPA 4.4
    Everything is installed as it should, INPA talks to the ADS/USB interface (I see the LEDs blink), however I couldn't get any module of the car to work, I think it's so old it doesn't have a lot of modules (no ASC, no airbags, the automatic AC is the old one too)
    When I do the API test in DIS it works only once in a while, and I can't do any diag (I get an error message: Communication between MoDiC and diagnostic head is disturbed)

I can't figure it out, it looks like it seems to kinda work but not all the time, does anyone have an idea why that is?

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    I still have yet to see a properly working USB ADS interface. Only the original serial ADS can be confirmed working.
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    I agree - I have yet to see a fully functional ADS/USB interface - also make sure that your anti-virus software is disabled as this can disrupt comms with your virtual machine.