Thread: Grimace E36 Build/Ruin Thread

My Cars
    98 M3

Grimace E36 Build/Ruin Thread

Don't really post much but I figure if i start a thread maybe I will start organizing my pictures better and remembering to turn my go pro on. Apologize in advance for the large photos and the recap.
    This first post will be long to catch up to where I'm at now, then I plan on updating this thread regularly. Skipping the first few years of ownership we will start with the fun stuff around 2015
    98 m3 Technoviolet coupe
    S52 w/ around 200k, Schrick cams, headers, TRM tune, etc.

First event with the car "set up" or so I thought, Lebanon Valley, NY.

Got Lucky enough to drive Canaan, NH with Lock city a bunch of times, along with the Thompson Motor Speedway events they put on here in CT.

Flash forward a few years

A few friends and I were lucky enough to get to drive Final Bout East last year. Due to an overwhelming amount of indecision, Skeezy Labs (a long running joke) became our team name, and now we are stuck with it. Its stupid but it grows on you. At this point the car has Felony Forms, dual calipers from Massive, ASD handbrake, rack spacers and offset control arm bushings. BC coils, full poly bushings, etc. Slides great and feel super comfortable entering turn one @Canaan in 3rd...

Oops. Zigged when i should have zagged. Got it back together for the rest of the event and still had a great weekend

Instead of fixing it I impulsed bought an SLR kit and only took pictures of the good side for the first few event of 2017

- - - Updated - - -

My Cars
    98 328is
    what wheels are those?

My Cars
    98 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomHero27 View Post
    what wheels are those?
    Forgeline RS's

- - - Updated - - -

So the last bit of catch up. The paint/bodywork started at the beginning of August

Fiberglass rear fender repaired, first time doing anything with fiberglass, with the help of my girlfriends father we got it pretty straight.

Luckily a good friend helped me get the car straight and the rocker fixed up

So much sanding. Again, Thanks to Mike for all the help. I know nothing abou body work and ruin anything I touch.

Paint needs to be buffed. Not technoviolet anymore, went with Ultraviolet off the newer 911's.
    Redrilled a few sets of hubs to run 5x114.3 wheels. I have a few extra sets for sale, if im allowed to say that here...

Last edited by nikolov; 11-09-2017 at 01:02 PM.

My Cars
    98 328is
    with those hubs, what do you use for brake rotors or do you drill those out too? been thinking about going to a legit 5x114 setup

My Cars
    98 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomHero27 View Post
    with those hubs, what do you use for brake rotors or do you drill those out too? been thinking about going to a legit 5x114 setup
    I made up a bunch of 3d printed templates to spot out the holes, clocked to match the set screw,
    IMG_1725.jpg

My Cars
    E36 M3, jzxE28
    If the forgelines are for sale hit me up. Sick stuff though. +1
    instagram @andyitslit

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    would definitely be interested in the hubs if/when you decide to sell!

My Cars
    98 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Press22 View Post
    If the forgelines are for sale hit me up. Sick stuff though. +1
    I sold them a few months ago, were my favorite wheels I’d ever owned, but needed to change it up. Sets pop up pretty often. At least they used to

Quote Originally Posted by mcfilmwerks View Post
    would definitely be interested in the hubs if/when you decide to sell!
    I just sold a non m set the other day, and have two M sets ready to go.
    Skeezylabs.bigcartel.com

My Cars
    98 M3

Ordered a set of aluminum door cards from Harrison Motorsports and threw some carpet over them. Also installed the hard Motorsport door pulls I️ forgot I had in my toolbox from a while back. There’s a trim piece for the door pull that still needs to go on but I need to find a longer bolt.

Half way cut and buffed. No regrets not painting it factory Techno, very stoked on the color. Last event of the year tomorrow @Thompson Speedway, CT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    e36
    siqq

My Cars
    98 M3
    Two solid weekends of drifting. No mechanical issues. Still missing some trim pieces but i can address that later. the P side quarter molding on the side of the car that got hit is going to need to be held on a different way, as the holes for the molding dont exist/line up anymore. But that and the door handle trim being the only thing on my list to do isnt that bad. Also a front lip like asap...

Trying my best to follow the Tuerck bro's. Rumor was that Tuercks 86 was 800+hp, idk if thats a fact, but it sure did sound like it. It was really cool to see the lines he could take with that car, and how much grip it still had when he needed it.

My Cars
    none
    how do you like them hood pins? its between those and areo catch

IG: dimitriantoniou

My Cars
    98 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by e30 394 View Post
    how do you like them hood pins? its between those and areo catch
    I like them, i had aero catch latchs on my last hood and they were ok, but I liked how easy it was to install the Quik-Latch's, and the parts are really well made, only issue is that the ring that threads on the back side of them isn't grooved or notched so tightening it is difficult unless you make a large notch on the underside of the hood, mine got a bit loose after a full day of driving. I skipped the directions because who needs those so maybe im missing something, but it would be nice if there was a hex nut on the back or something like that. The aero latches were cheaper, but i think the quik-latches are worth the extra money (~75 to ~125 i cant remember). Think i got them on amazon prime too so thats cool.

Looks like they make other styles with hex nuts/holes for wrench, but this is what you get wit the QL-38, just a knurled ring
    Last edited by nikolov; 11-20-2017 at 02:38 PM.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    I think the street car is 800hp capable but turned down to 600-650 so it’s more reliable. Street/demo car doesn’t need to be set on kill all the time haha

My Cars
    98 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikestokman View Post
    I think the street car is 800hp capable but turned down to 600-650 so itÂ’s more reliable. Street/demo car doesnÂ’t need to be set on kill all the time haha
    Lol! Some day id like the kill mode option haha

Heres another shot from a few weeks ago, really need to get that side moulding on haha