Thread: Z4 Recalled - PCV Valve catching fire

My Cars
    2007 Z4 3.0Si

Z4 Recalled - PCV Valve catching fire

I got notified of this recall on Sunday afternoon from MyCarFax account.
    https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...ghlight=recall

fullsizeoutput_10.jpeg

I made an appointment for Thursday to have mine checked out and will let everybody know how that works out.
    Dean
    Last edited by cdsweet; 11-07-2017 at 08:27 PM.

My Cars
    2007 Z4 3.0Si
    Had the recall service done yesterday.
    Took them a couple hours to replace as they told me they need to pull the intake?
    And they left me all sorts of dirty/greasy hand and finger prints to clean up.

Was a bit proud as the service included a rather lengthy checkpoint and my z passed them all with no issues. It's one of those things where you leave your car at btw and they call and tell you that something is broke and it's going to cost $1500 to fix. Seems to be a pattern in my opinion.

My Cars
    2008 Z4
    Local dealer finally got parts in so Im scheduled for Tuesday. Hopefully all goes well

My Cars
    2007 BMW Z4
    Quote Originally Posted by cdsweet View Post
    Had the recall service done yesterday.
    Took them a couple hours to replace as they told me they need to pull the intake?
    And they left me all sorts of dirty/greasy hand and finger prints to clean up.

Was a bit proud as the service included a rather lengthy checkpoint and my z passed them all with no issues. It's one of those things where you leave your car at btw and they call and tell you that something is broke and it's going to cost $1500 to fix. Seems to be a pattern in my opinion.
    Had the recall done yesterday. They tried to gig me $775.00 for "A missing clip in the radiator hose" WTF I came home and sure enough there is now a coolant leak. I inspected and found a very tiny crack in the radiator overflow tank. Don't know how, but it needs replacement. I'll do it myself.

Don't look like they pulled the intake, but the airbox where the filter is has been disturbed. It was out of the retaining pins. I would like to know what is involved in the recall fix.

My Cars
    2008 Z4
    I had mine done Tuesday and took them most of the day. Looks like they replaced pcv valve and alternator bolts. I checked right after to make sure and the bolts do look shiny compared to older ones.
    Also, i lost key to locking lugnuts and they wanted $80 to take them off even though they admitted that the tech found the correct key to remove them. I asked why so much for four bolts amd they spouted some bullshit about they might be seized, how the tech had to go through forty different keys, blah blah blah.
    I told them they are not siezed as I recently took them off which is when I lost the key and they were torquedto spec, also per the parts dept and realoem there are only 10 possible keys. I didnt expect it for free but asked if they can do it for $20-30. They said no way so i just took car. Ridiculous

Then when car pulls up my TPMS light is lit. So had to go.back in as the car was perfect coming in and I expect the same going out. They start making excuses about what wasnt touched blah blah blah. Eventually they took car and checked all tire pressures and reset light. Its been fine since.

It still amazes me how unhelpful most dealers are and how ridiculous pricing is on some things. $80 to remove 4 lugnuts pfttttt

I ended up ordering all 10 from a aiye online and will return the ones that dont fit. It will cost me about $30 after return shipping and restocking fee.

Screw Tenafly BMW.
    Last edited by psycleridr; 07-27-2018 at 03:37 PM.