Thread: BUYER BEWARE - eBay member "fstdirect"

My Cars
    E36 M 3/4/5

BUYER BEWARE - eBay member "fstdirect"

Do not purchase anything from this ebay member! They sold me ///M replacement trim that didn't come within a country mile of fitting.

I provided them with the following pictures and they suggested I "wrap electrical tape around the rubber grommet". I humored them and tried this, along with purchasing all new clips and grommets from BMW.

After all this, they say they can provide me with a $10 partial refund ($100 new), what a joke. I'm surprised how they think they're entitled to any of my money, this stuff is actually crap.

LSS, don't buy replica trim, and DON'T do any business with these clowns here. A paypal dispute has been opened so we'll see where this all goes.

Apologies if this is the wrong section, I just don't want anyone out there getting screwed like I did!

My Cars
    3 Series
    Did you file a claim with eBay? This sort of thing always goes in the buyers favor on eBay.

My Cars
    E36 M 3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by testify View Post
    Did you file a claim with eBay? This sort of thing always goes in the buyers favor on eBay.

Unfortunately I think I'm just right outside that window. It was a big build so a lot of parts were purchased ahead of time and I didn't notice they were fubard until I went to put them on last week.

You live and you learn!

My Cars
    3 Series
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymillsftw View Post
    Unfortunately I think I'm just right outside that window. It was a big build so a lot of parts were purchased ahead of time and I didn't notice they were fubard until I went to put them on last week.

You live and you learn!
    Yes, I've been there several times. Totally understandable.

My Cars
    98 M3
    post a pic of the back side of the moulding and the clips. I think the dealer may have given you the wrong ones. There are like 4 different e36 moulding clips.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    E36 M 3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by notMpowered View Post
    post a pic of the back side of the moulding and the clips. I think the dealer may have given you the wrong ones. There are like 4 different e36 moulding clips.

Good point, here's a picture of the clips, PN 51131960127

My Cars
    98 M3
    No those are definitely the right ones. Still seems odd how they fit when I’m looking at the pics you posted. Can I see the back of the moulding? Not trying to prove you wron or anything just seeing if I can help with what you’ve got.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    1997 328iC
    2nd that. Stay away. I just bought a m3 rep front bumper. Fit and finish is terrible. Fog light brackets wont line up, clip on side of bumper cover wont stay on.

I sent them an email expressing my dissatisfaction of the bumper I got. They asked for pictures, which I sent. No response for two days, so I sent another email. This is the response I just got:
    "We are sorry to hear that there is an issue with fitment. Please open a return request. "

Their return policy is a joke:
    "Returns are accepted within 30 days of delivery. Any returns without an issued RMA# will be refused. Buyer is responsible for return shipping. Items must be returned in new, undamaged condition in original packaging. Any returns without the original packaging will be subject to a 25% restocking fee. Please understand that shipping costs are not refundable, since they have already been paid to the shipping carrier.

If there are any problems with your order such as shipping damage, missing parts, wrong item, etc., please contact us before leaving feedback or opening a case. We care about our customers, and want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase!"

So I should ship it back on my dime, plus pay 25%. What a joke of a policy. What a joke of a product. What a joke of a company.

So, looks like I am stuck with making this bumper work. My fault I guess. Not really sure I have any other course of action. The seller is offering to take the product back, and I did agree to his terms. Not sure starting a claim would do anything.

Either way, let my (our) experience be a deterrent for anyone else. I already left feedback (yea, stupid I know), so I cant really do anything on their profile.
    1997 328ic
    1999 528i

My Cars
    1995 Dakar M3
    How exactly did you install the trim? Ive never had luck putting the clips on the trim then attaching the trim to the car, Instead its always worked for me when I install the clips directly to the car first then clip the trim on.

My Cars
    E36 M 3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by fbmbirds View Post
    How exactly did you install the trim? Ive never had luck putting the clips on the trim then attaching the trim to the car, Instead its always worked for me when I install the clips directly to the car first then clip the trim on.

Yeah I thought of that, tried it the way you're recommending with no luck either.

IMO the issue is that the clip rails do not protrude enough to snap in before the top and bottom of the trim hit the body.

My Cars
    1995 Dakar M3
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymillsftw View Post
    Yeah I thought of that, tried it the way you're recommending with no luck either.

IMO the issue is that the clip rails do not protrude enough to snap in before the top and bottom of the trim hit the body.

Try parking the car close to a solid wall and then sit on the ground with your back on the wall and use your feet to try and press the trim onto the clips.

My Cars
    E36 M3
    So this is not oem molding? That was your 1st mistake. Even aftermarket clips don’t work properly. Lastly even with oem trim and clips, they can be difficult to install. The best way I’ve found is instal the clip with the rubber (condom) onto the car itself then line the molding on top and give it a slap to click together.

Good luck!

My Cars
    E36 M 3/4/5
    Ahh sweet justice