BMW of Bloomfield
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS 2003 540iT M-Sport for sale

My Cars
    09 Rx8 R3
    Already there... same screen name. =)

My Cars
    2003 540iT Touring Wagon
    Wanted to thank speed7 ( Stephen ) for the deal we made. One of the nicest people and honest for a car transaction you could ever hope for. From first negotiations to ending the sale with our time schedules, information on the cars condition to what has been done was almost perfection. 6-hour drive back to Vegas leaving So Ca traffic sucked...car is cool. Fourth BMW for me one a 1999 Blk / Blk 540iT. Navigation systems on these cars are rare, only 56 had it, but the Nav really is a POS, wagon needs someTLC, but very clean for 168K, Stephen took great care of this car...& going to a good home.

This 540iT will be well cared for, may do the M5 swaps, for now fix the little stuff, its smogged, w/ VIN check, now registered in NV / plate RAREWAG. Happy with the deal, and Stephen was a nice guy to deal with.

Thanks...

The seats???...well not BMWs best feature...
    Last edited by SCRSUVS; 12-28-2017 at 02:55 AM.

My Cars
    09 Rx8 R3
    Wow, thanks for the compliment. I try to treat others how I want to be treated. And if I was buying a car I'd want to know every little piece about it. Speaking of.. I forgot to send you home with the original springs. If you want them they are yours. I would suggest changing the shocks before the springs though.. you do have the coveted Dinan ones in now. =)

Great buyer btw, said he wanted the wagon and was very clear on what was going on with his side of the transaction. If I was in the business of selling cars then I'd want him as a repeat customer.

Have fun with the car, I do already miss it. Hoping my new car shows up asap... I want my wagon status back.

My Cars
    2003 540iT Touring Wagon
    Car needs some TLC,

List of to do`s...

Replace rear subframe bushings
    Driver's seat twist/fix cables
    Sunroof Rattle tilt mechanism replace
    Hood alarm / may need replace air filter box for this and its cracked
    New alternator
    Replace front pillars
    Air filter
    Passenger door light cover
    Replace cowl
    Silver kidney grills
    Headlight Lens / new
    New tires
    Repaint top of front fenders
    Last edited by SCRSUVS; 12-13-2017 at 04:25 PM.

My Cars
    2003 540iT Touring Wagon
    Dug deeper into the list of problems needed, few not disclosed before hand but IM OK because of our deal structure, bought sight unseen, only by pictures. No problem with me Stephen was honest.

Needs alternator...knew an issue... REPLACED / CHINESE / POWER SELECT! (will see how it works).
    New Battery... REPLACED!
    Interior front pillars missing fabric...knew an issue. TOOK OFF FABRIC LOOKS GOOD FOR NOW.
    Lower control arm bushings replaced 2016 need to be done again.
    Needs new cowl & ends deteriorating rubber, not disclosed... REPLACED!
    Needs new washer pump / knew...REPLACED!
    Needs new headlight washer nozzle / knew...REPLACED!
    Sunroof tilt mechanism rattles/ knew a problem.
    Driver's seat cable twist knew a problem.
    Subframe bushings knew needed. REPLACED!
    Passenger courtesy light cover knew missing. REPLACED!
    New air filter / no problem... REPLACED!
    Hood alarm knew an issue.
    Maybe replace air filter boxes on both sides. Hard plastic hoses cracking. REPLACED!
    Broken sway bar bracket. No way to know unless looking. FIXED!
    Need new tires. REPLACED W/VENTUS NOBLE S1 2.
    Remove T-bar in the bumper. (personal preference) mesh attached to T-bar, need new mesh grille.
    Valve cover gaskets/top of timing chain cover leaking oil. Surprised...FIXED AND POWDER COATED!
    Water pump outlet leaking. COOLING HOSES REPLACED!
    Replacing blk kidney grills w/ silver/black. REPLACED!
    Will replace headlights with the new lens.
    Maybe new steering wheel, new stitching.
    Maybe replacing the Bilstein shocks / rough ride. KEEPING FOR NOW!
    May add M5 steering box.
    May add M5 gauge cluster.
    Paint Calipers. DONE!
    Will repaint front fenders & few other spots, knew an issue.

These motors even replacing all gaskets can leak sooner than expected,
    unfortunate but common. Surprised finding leaks as timing chain guides,
    all gaskets replaced in 2016. Looks like the "reputable" shop questionable?
    Leaking now...not bad but definitely leaking. FIXED!

Replaced windshield washer pump/headlight washer nozzle / fixed ANNOYING problem washer fluid draining when wipers turned on.
    Will do other fixes soon, & expected most problems listed above.
    This is the first time "ever" bought a car with this many miles "168K", never bought one with more than 40K...and I have owned a lot...
    for high mileage runs excellent/overall looks great but the paint needs attention.

Had a friend that owns Schulba`s BMW look over the car and likes the condition he found the car it was reassuring that repairing this one was the right thing to do. All in due time to get it finished.
    Last edited by SCRSUVS; 06-24-2018 at 04:31 PM.

My Cars
    98 M3, 03 540it M-Sport
    None of that sounds like horrible items, cept maybe the leaking gasket. still, black interior wagons are nice, and a wagon with a LSD??? that's the coolest feature about that car.
    '98 M3 5spd - '03 540it 6spd M-Sport

My Cars
    2003 540iT Touring Wagon
    Leaking gaskets was an oh crap moment, especially after work to fix the TCGs. Sunroof, rattles a PITA. Got the cowl and ends today, alternator on the way. Paint needs some TLC, will do that last, black interior was a must, personally not a fan of the light colors. Silver cars high on my list. Would have been nice to pass an M5 wagon thru the production facility all special order...there would have been one more of the three and the only Imola red one...
    Last edited by SCRSUVS; 01-16-2018 at 01:59 AM.

My Cars
    2003 540iT Touring Wagon
    Bad alternator drained 4 yr old battery, bought new battery started right up, installing a new Chinese Power Select alternator, saving a few bucks for headlight upgrades. Jury still out on quality of the Chinese parts & remanufactured still a crap shoot, its a gamble either way. Buying a 540iT no matter how good of condition still needs to be maintained, and little stuff can be expensive. Easy to get carried away spending $$$$ keeping these cars in pristine condition, the 2003 540iT M Sport Wagon is rare makes owing it a bonus. Highly recommend buying one...despite maintenance issues...
    Last edited by SCRSUVS; 01-18-2018 at 10:25 PM.

My Cars
    2003 540iT Touring Wagon
    Finally got to fix some of the problems with this car after buying it last December. Found out it doesn't have a limited slip differential as PO stated, that was a bummer would have been a nice addition. Replaced oil pan and valve cover gaskets, when the car was apart thought may need to replace upper timing chain gaskets but looked fine / not leaking as expected. Powder coated VCs shop did a crappy job. I was on a time schedule and was basically screwed with no way to fix. Replaced serpentine belts old ones showing signs of cracking. Replaced subframe bushings using Jed's tool, worked perfectly and the only way to do the job. Replaced a few cooling hoses showing signs of deteriorating rubber and leaking. One of the hoses fitted into the transmission cooler valve, that valve leaking also replaced and was a true PITA because of the O ring, not seating.

Installed a new cooling fan, and upgraded the water pump pulley to aluminum, the plastic one broke into pieces when taking off. Going to replace broken sway bar bracket on rear. Bleed brake lines, painted calipers red, bought new vent hoses for air conditioning system going into the cabin. Cleaned off as much oil and grease that could get to while the car was apart.

Would have like to clean much deeper but time restraints made it difficult. After getting the car back together the starter failed. Installing a new one tomorrow.
    The car is fun to drive, fixing the problems is a step in the right direction I want this cars condition to be in. Still have issue that need to be addressed will get to them hopefully soon, as well as a new paint job to cover the faded front fenders showing signs of peeling coat.
    Last edited by SCRSUVS; 06-24-2018 at 04:15 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12