Thread: 2001 325i ABS/TC Lights on, cannot figure it out.

My Cars
    2001 325i

2001 325i ABS/TC Lights on, cannot figure it out.

I've been trying to solve this issue with my ABS/TC lights. Here is a synopsis of everything I've done so far. I'm getting frustrated with this because I have 2 weeks to get the safety inspection done, one of which I have to go on a business trip for. It will fail with the ABS lights on. I"ll post pictures of what is current and relevant at the bottom. Here goes...I bought the car being told a wheel speed sensor was bad and they replaced it, they said it would clear on my drive home. It didn’t. I had it checked out by a shop, they said the sensor was good, the wiring was good, but the pump/module was bad. The ABS/TC lights were on and yellow. No other lights were on. I replaced the pump/module, had it reprogrammed. I didn’t know I needed to initialize it. The front left sensor was not reading in INPA. I pulled the sensor and it was pretty rough looking so I replaced it. That did not clear up this issue. It was suggested that the pickup ring for the sensor was bad so I replaced the wheel bearing/hub assembly, and that did not clear up the issue. It came to my attention that I needed to initialize, or activate, the ABS pump/module, so, using INPA I navigated to the ASC area and selected “Activate,” to which the pump did its thing with the noise and the pedal and all that. The lights cleared. I went in and checked for codes in the ASC and nothing was there. I thought I was in the clear. This morning I started my car and I had yellow ABS/TC lights on. I plugged in INPA and read the codes. It said, 17 wheel speed sensor. I monitored the sensor status and all 4 sensors appeared to read accurately and evenly going forward and back, about 8 feet. I tried clearing the codes, to which the red brake light came on. I monitored the sensors while driving, at about 15mph INPA gave me an error saying the software couldn’t run the API something or another, I’ll post a picture below, and the red brake light went out. INPA gave me the option to continue, pressing yes, or to stop the monitoring, pressing no. If I press no, the monitoring stops, the red brake light goes out, the yellow ABS/TC lights turn off then immediately back on and stay on. If I press yes, to continue monitoring, the red light goes out and the yellow ABS/TC lights stay on but the wheel speed sensors continue to monitor as before, showing all 4 sensors picking up movement accurately.What am I missing?[IMG]https://photos.app.*******/8cISy5HtrIKldqIa2[/IMG]

My Cars
    2001 325i
    For some reason this got posted twice, can I get a moderator to delete this post please? Thank you.