Thread: Thinking about buying this tomorrow

My Cars
    03 bmw 325xi

Thinking about buying this tomorrow

Hey guys so I havent posted here lately but i sold my corvette tonight which was my daily drive but with getting laid off recenlty after 10 years and needing the extra money and winter coming it was time for her to go. Having said that i now need a daily driver (again winters coming so my harley days are numbered) i dont have much income coming in right now (unemployment) and my bills are higher (just got a house last month) anyway i found this 06 manual that looks super clean but it has 140k miles.. now i bought my 03 325xi auto with 160k and drove it for over a year and a half with no major issues other then maintance and replacing one drive axle. (left me stranded once when the coolant reservoir exploded) i have never had an e90 what should I be looking for if i choose to go see this car tomorrow? Its only 10 min from my house. Im looking to go back to the sales field so I need something clean and presentable. Here is a link for the car

https://southjersey.craigslist.org/c...372684138.html

My Cars
    '08 E90 335xi manual
    On employment, and you're seriously considering committing to maintaining a high-mileage BMW?
    Are you gonna eat that?

My Cars
    2009 335i M-Sport Coupe
    You might read up on that dealership, they are super shady. That price is also pretty suspect. I know the car looks super clean, but something isn't right. That price is way too low for a dealer lot, suggesting they got it super cheap because of some kind of problem.
    The e90 is similar to the e46, but more expensive to fix. The e46 is known for leaks, cooling system failures, and suspension problems. The e90 is known for leaks, electric water pump failures, and the rare but super expensive camshaft bearing ledge wear. You also need software for the e90 for things as simple as a battery replacement. Awesome cars, but they have the potential to be expensive.

My Cars
    2008 328xi
    Don't. Get a Lexus. I've owned several of each make.
    I go to the Lexus forum to learn how to modify them.
    I go to the BMW forum to learn how to fix them (and it costs an arm and a leg).
    After I fix my key battery problem I'm selling this thing and never buying another.
    Last edited by Mango Bob; 11-07-2017 at 05:24 PM.

My Cars
    03 bmw 325xi
    Thanks for the replies. Ive had a few high end preowned cars throughout my life mostly vettes (and even though they are chevy they are expensive to maintain) i ended up buying a really clean 2006 c230 that i happened to see outside a few min from my house this morning while going to look at the bmw. Its a 2 owner car with 90k owned buy a retired highschool teacher who bought it in 2010 with 40k. My ex gf used to have the exact car so im somewhat familar. Ironically I needed a car today and he was selling it litterally 3 minutes from my house and had just put it outfront this morning, if wasnt even listed on craigslist. He wanted 6k i got him to take 4k

My Cars
    08 335i and 15 others...
    For my son's first car we had a budget of $5K We looked at 3 E90's ( I wanted the big motor so 335 was a must) first two were salvaged cars(don't really care about resale at that pricepoint) 4th car we looked at(08 335i) needed EVERYTHING rough interior, smelled bad, dog chewed up the leather door panels, drivers seat broken, heat didn't work, AC didn't work, ran on 4 cylinders, brakes iffy etc etc. We bought it , got the brakes working, put in plugs (they were original) and coil packs, found a car in LA being parted out and bought the interior for $500., put in a blower motor and resistor, changed the oil, flushed the transmission, shampooed the carpet etc etc. Now $1000 or so later it's a great car. I've put almost 2K miles on it in 2 months, runs great and puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. He doesn't have his license yet but has driven it around the neighborhood, shows it off to his buddies (and my Ex wife he calls mom) a win all around for the two of us.

Take away message is if you are willing to do the maintenance and repairs yourself I say go for it. If you have to pay a shop for all it could possibly need it may bleed you dry. I'm not saying no, just saying be ready to own a 12 year car. I'd do it again-heck I may need to when he gets his license next year and doesn't let me drive it anymore

AJ