Thread: 2006 BMW E60 Interior, partial (Read)

My Cars
    1997 Jaguar X330

Arrow 2006 BMW E60 Interior, partial (Read)

So.....

https://imgur.com/a/oJbTD

I've tried Facebook, craigslist, and eBay and lost $70 out of the latter so I'm posting it here.

The full story is that the current owner of the donor car decided to turn his 5 Series into a Track Taxi for CoTA. IE he's installing four racing seats and stripped out most of the interior at Elite Motorsports (SW's Shop in Austin, if you know it).

Jeff Mosing (IE Mosing Motorsports & Motorcars) bought what was taken out believing the front seats would fit his Buick Riviera he's doing a restomod on. They don't.

Furthermore, Elite needed the front seats back to pull whatever out the Driver's seat that the iDrive system was throwing a fit about and not letting the engine crank over.

No carpet, Center Console or a majority of the dash but everything else is pretty much there.

Can't remember the VIN number off the top of my head but it's all located at Petrol Lounge at the moment, where I'll be moving it around next week since the current room it's all occupying is due to be turned into a conference room.

I'm not an employee of Mosing Motorcars, but a friend of Jeff's, who's gifted it to me in order to sell it for myself.

I've so far contacted every local BMW / German shop and none were interested. I also don't know anyone in the insurance business that would want this for a client's flood damaged car.

I managed to reach one person that was willing to offer $250 for all of it. The Alcantera headliner alone would probably be a good $500 so needless to say, I'm not going to part with everything plus the front & back seats for half that. Mark up or not.

Not even immediately asking a grand either, just a reasonable offer for a package deal of probably around $3,500+. And I could probably ask $5K if I had the entire interior

In retrospect, I should have taken a previous offer of a grand, but again, I thought a little too lofty about getting the whole value back.

All things considered? Right now, I'll take less than that. I just want a good offer.

If you're in the Austin Area or close by, I can arrange it with Glen Nordell of Petrol Lounge for you to visit and inspect the interior before making any rash decisions.

It's not leaving the premises any time soon and I'm still arranging with Elite Motorsports to get the seats back with the rest of it. You don't have to offer a thousand or more, but it'd be mighty kind of you.

Post script: Not a chop shop deal lol

Post post script: Bring a truck or van or trailer when you pick it up

My Cars
    1997 Jaguar X330
    I am updating this to post that I have the VIN of the donor vehicle on hand and am prepared to hand it out via PM to anyone willing to give me their time of day. But for the privacy concern of the current owner of the M5, I will not be posting it here in public.

This partial interior is still available and the pics can be found in the imgur link in the OP.
    Last edited by Loginnotsecure; 01-24-2018 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Elaboration.

My Cars
    1997 Jaguar X330
    This partial interior is no longer available.

I got desperate, called the guy back that offered $250 and went with the deal. Having forgotten that the front seats were still at Elite Auto Innovations, I called them back to check for them, then accepted the $250. Ten dollars later, I called Elite Auto Innovations back and... They told me, that when the guy running it died, they had a crew come in and mop the whole place. My front seats that were not theirs to throw away got hauled off by a third party they gave me no information for...

I have had it so god damned bad, I've just had to smile and wonder how much worse my life can get and with my Jaguar about to get a cinder block upgrade, there I have it.

I renegotiated with the guy to take the thousands of dollars in parts I still have for $75.

I could be petty, could wonder why noone ever bothered to get with me on this, but... I think I just don't have the fuck left in me to thrust it in anyone's face.

Thanks for reading this, if anyone even is reading it.