Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: E36 TT3/ST3 Build (Reincarnation of a previous build)

My Cars
    Many
    I have quick jacks.

My Cars
    99 M3, 11 GT3RS
    Those are great for the track for sure. THe maxjax I would recommend for your house. Your garage has a similar height to mine where it is limited height. The Maxjax is nice because you can get underneath the car in the middle... Then you can roll around in a seat and work underneath it. Just an idea.
    99 M3 STU/ GTS3 Project

My Cars
    Many
    Thanks. I just looked them up on the internet. Seems like something that I could use.

My Cars
    Many
    Got a few hours in the garage today and knocked out a few tasks

Got a set of door cards, floor pans and a dead pedal from MKAH Motorsports in raw form and trimmed them around my cage. These will be going back to MKAH for powder coating - Satin black.

[/url]v6maNlhdRp+VK8th2AQKQA

Installed the window trim and rear view mirrors

Got the rear bumper and bumper trim as well as the rear tail lights all installed

Dash trimmed around the cage and ready for flocking.

My Cars
    1993 325is

Smile

Really curious to hear/see how the f---cking goes!! I'm considering doing this for a color change on mine!

mslevin is offline Have you checked RealOEM? BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E36, E38, E46
    Where did you get those mirrors!? ACS Cup mirrors? Please tell me they're cheaper replicas so I can buy some right now. I ended up with a set of F1 style mirrors for my build, but really wanted this style.

My Cars
    Many
    They are knock offs I was given by a local BMW club member. He has no idea where they came from as they were on his car when he got it.

Truth be told, the suck from a vision standpoint. The glass is very small and doesn't have allot of motion to get the angle you need.

My Cars
    E36, E38, E46
    Well let me know if you ever want to get rid of them

Still might be better than the silly ones I just put on!

My Cars
    Many
    Got a few more hours in the garage today and knocked a few things out.

Loomed up all the wiring aft of the fuel pumps.

Got the Cool Shirt System installed and pre-wired.

Got the badge and rondel installed. Also re-painted the moulding in a satin as the previous gloss I had painted it looked off

Also cleaned up the dash and will be trying to get it flocked this weekend.

My Cars
    Many
    Got the JRZ RS1 PRO all put together and ready to install on the car.

Got the passenger front installed on the car with new Hawk HT10 pads, Zimmerman rotors rotors, Mehyle HD control arms and TC Kline deleon control arm bushings. Reinstalled the Volshlag camber plates, Apex 15mm spacers and stainless brakes lines.

Hope to get two full day's work on the car this upcoming weekend. Pics to follow.
    Last edited by darbyfam; 12-07-2017 at 08:47 PM.

My Cars
    E82 128i, E36 M3
    Wiring is looking good! Love the simplified look on a clean car!

My Cars
    Many
    Got to spend a full day in the garage today. We had a uncharacteristically cold day yesterday and today - actually snowed in Louisiana yesterday.

Finished up the suspension and brake install front and back, installed the Brooks wing, some Racetech brunch latches and the Trackspec hood vents. Very happy with today progress.

My Cars
    99 M3, 11 GT3RS
    Progress is key. Looking good.
    99 M3 STU/ GTS3 Project

My Cars
    Many
    Got another hour or so in the garage this morning. Knocked out the flocking of the dash with the assistance of my lovely wife. Super simple process to do this and the results are pretty impressive IMHO.

Basically you just clean the dash (I used acetone), brush on the provided adhesive and then blow on the flocking with the provided applicator. According to the instructions, you have 15 minutes to get the flocking on from the start of the application of the adhesive. With my wife and it working together, we had a hefty coat of adhesive applied in about 6 minutes. The flocking goes fast.

Very happy with the results and know it will really pop against the white interior. It's hard to tell in the pictures, but it really came out nice.

My Cars
    E36, E38, E46
    Flocking looks great! You're making all kinds of progress. I love build threads where I don't have to wait 6 months between posts.

My Cars
    Many
    I am doing my best to make a NASA event on January 28th.

My Cars
    99 M3, 11 GT3RS
    I hear you man. I'm trying to make an SCCA majors race the 13th and 14th. So. Much. To do
    99 M3 STU/ GTS3 Project

My Cars
    Many
    Shook off the excess flocking after 24 hours (per instructions). It came out exceptionally nice on 99% of the dash. There are a few spots, all edges, where I guess I didn't put as much adhesive and the flocking is a little thin. I am going to try and touch it up in those spots.

Bottom line, it looks really good and I would do it again paying attention to evenly apply adhesive to all the edges.

My Cars
    Many
    Got some more time in the garage today on a nasty, rainy, cold Louisiana day.

First, I got some more nylon looming done. Everything is now loomed up to the dash. Waiting to finalize under the dash and forward to the engine bay until the dash is done.

Next I moved on to the roll bar padding. Used the "mini" padding on any bar that was in my field of vision and the full 3" padding everywhere else.

Lastly, I started mocking up the tubing for the fire suppression system. Will be putting two nozzles on the fuel pumps, two along the fuel rail and two on me. Made my own nozzles mounts for some 1" angle aluminum.

My Cars
    99 M3, 11 GT3RS
    Progress! Every but counts!
    99 M3 STU/ GTS3 Project

My Cars
    Many
    Got a few minutes away today and played in the garage.

My carbon fiber dash plates FINALLY arrived. Waited 10 weeks to get these things.

The DASH2PRO will mount over the cluster delete and the center vent section will have switches. No more gauges as everything will be run through the DASH2PRO.

Also cut the rear seat delete for the Cool Shirt lines. This is mocked up only as I won't hard install this until last. Want to make sure I have full access to everything just in case.

Waiting on a few things from Amazon to make some big progress. Hopefully everything will arrive tomorrow and I will get big chunks done over the week and weekend.

My Cars
    Many
    Another few hours in the garage. Got all my wires run and labeled and have the switch panel ready to go in the dash. Just need to finish up the kill switch and start button

Installed the rear view mirror and steering wheel hook

Also started cleaning up the wiring and brake lines with some stainless/insulated clips and self-tapping screws.

My Cars
    Many
    Also received my door cards and floor pans back from MKAH Motorsports. Quick install and out came the camera. MKAH does an outstanding job with both the quality of these parts and the powder coating. Couldn't be more happy.

My Cars
    Many
    Got the steering column installed. Used the stock dash mount and cut the mounting plates off the stock column bracket and welded them to the cage for rigidity.

Started the installation of the Race Technologies DASH2PRO in the dash plate.

Since the digital dash didn't have an ABS light, I found one on eBay and isolated the wire that will trigger it from the old cluster.

[/url]

Finished product with buttons for the dash navigation

My Cars
    E36
    This thing is super clean!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast