One of my clients pulls up in a new 2018 M4 DCT Competition Package, so I ask him for the keys as I'm a huge M fan. He said, let's go for a ride, and allowed me to drive. First, I was a little disappointed it wasn't manual, but after a little while, I got used to the DCT. All I need to say is that the car is pretty amazing. The steering, suspension (he did all the settings) and brakes just work so well together. The car is also stupid fast, and sounded pretty amazing. I'm driven all the M3's dating back to the E36, and I have always wrote about them on the forum, but the new M4 is on a different level. Not sure how much of a difference the competition package makes (I have not driven the M3/4 without it), but from the likes of Motor Trend and C&D, they say it makes a significant difference.

To summarize the test drive: I pull up at a light to make a left hand turn, and I hear the Chevy Express van behind me honk the horn. I look in the rear view and the guy was smiling and giving me a thumbs up!

Since I recently traded my Dodge GC and my BMW 128 for a new Chrysler Pacifica, I offered him to take my new ride for a spin...he said "unless you have a twin-turbo V8, I'm not interested."

I miss my 128 dearly, and will actually cross shop the M4 against the GT350 (I went for a ride in that and was also just as impressed) when it's time for my next fun car.