Thread: Exhaust suggestion

My Cars
    2001 740i M-Sport

Exhaust suggestion

So I'm starting to get tired of my car not having any cats, but I do not know what I want to do. I don't know if I should replace the cats or get some nice after market exhaust system. I want to go back to factory but the last owner cut out the cats and straight piped it. So my car goes manifold , straight pipe, resonator, Y resonator, goofy looking 98 muffler. I mainly want to fix this because my car throws codes because of this and it's bad on gas. My car has the secondary air pump removed also. And I'm not sure the situation with the o2 sensors but I'm pretty sure there messed up to. The cars history is strange. The car was a dealer ship car that sat next to a m5 at the dealer ship. The last owner bought the car but the cat was having a coolent leak. The leak went through the engine into the exhaust and filled up the exhaust with engine coolent. The coolent stayed in the exhaust until the last owner came by and bought the broken car. He then took it to his shop for he owns a business and professionally (with a budget) engine swapped it for a different 528i m52b28 engine. He didn't replace the exhaust or replace the abs so the car throws abs codes and some codes are caused from the cats. The reason of straight piping the cats was because the coolent stayed in there and ate away at the cats and made them really messed up. He also had to drill a small hole in the muffler to get all the liquid out of the muffler also. I just want a suggestion on what I should do. Should I get a new stock oem exhaust. Re weld new cats in , straight pipe or get something aftermarket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Hello and welcome to the forum! If this car is your daily and you're going to be keeping it for a while, I would recommend addressing the code issues and throwing on a stock system. I've included a link below; please let us know if you have any questions!

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/..._pg1.htm#item0
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    2001 740i M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelican Parts View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum! If this car is your daily and you're going to be keeping it for a while, I would recommend addressing the code issues and throwing on a stock system. I've included a link below; please let us know if you have any questions!

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/..._pg1.htm#item0
    This is my daily and I don't want to spend a fortune of exhaust parts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk