Thread: Looking for a budget racing sim setup

My Cars
    '00 Z3M, '06 Z4M

Looking for a budget racing sim setup

I haven't picked up a video game in quite some time. However, over the years I have become addicted to tracking my car and now I want something to satisfy this addiction in the off season. Currently I have a PS3 and a somewhat decent PC. Which platform should I play with and why? I haven't played anything outside of GT franchise. Also is G27 wheel still a viable option? Should I get one of those racing seats with platforms for the racing wheel, pedals and the shifter? I'm trying to stay around $500 for the whole setup. I'm not looking for hydraulics or anything of that sort.

My Cars
    99 328is, 03 X5
    Consoles are garbage when it comes to simulator like physics and force feedback resolution, you want to do this on a PC, and not just for those reasons. "Mods" can be run on PC as well, this will give you more access to cars, tunes, and laser scanned race tracks built by homegrown developers that are not released with the titles.

As for the budget, I do not think the G27 is worth its weight in plastic, and would recommend anything from Fanatec (discontinued or not) over any other wheel manufacture, especially Logitech. I started with a Fanatec CSR (Forza 4 wheel) on PC, and v2 inverted pedals for less than your $500 budget many years ago. I sold my G27 within a week of owning because it feels too much like a toy.

My Cars
    '00 Z3M, '06 Z4M
    Thanks, looks like Fanatec is even a bit cheaper than G27. I'll also start looking for a seat.