Thread: BMW lease buyout

My Cars
    BMW 535i XDrive

BMW lease buyout

Hi, I bought my leased 2014 BMW 535i xDrive. And the dealer wanted to do certification before they sell it to me. When I handed over my car to the dealer, the front brake pads were due in 3K miles and rear break pads due in 5K miles. During this process, when they did certification, they did reset the system and now it says 25K and 28K respectively. And when I contacted the dealer, they told me that they did reset the system because the break pads were good for now. I am pretty sure they did this because, they have to change my break pads within the maintenance period which will be ending in next 1 year. And they don’t want to bear the expenses and they altered the system.

My question is - is this legitimate? How can I approach the dealer fighting this case?

My Cars
    The dealership did nothing wrong. The brakes on these cars last a LONG time. The system counts down and typically will show that they are due, even when they are not. So they reset the light. I would have done the same thing. Once the brake pad wears down, and the sensor touches the rotor, the light will turn on regardless of how many miles it shows are left. BMW won't replace your pads until they are actually worn out. Doesn't matter what the service indicator says.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician