Thread: ► APEX | Blemished & B-Stock wheel blowout

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d

► APEX | Blemished & B-Stock wheel blowout

Over the years APEX has accumulated a number of wheels that aren’t suitable for sale at full price. These wheels have a minor aesthetic imperfection only, all wheels function perfectly. All of our blemished wheels are new, unused, with their structural warranty from APEX intact. All of these wheels are all available at discount pricing. You can find a list of all currently available wheels and prices by using the following link to view our Google spreadsheet.

View Inventory & Pricing Here

The list includes a description of the wheel’s condition. Our standards are high, so most blemishes are minor or even undetectable in some instances at more than arm's length away from the wheel.

How to Buy:

The only way to purchase these wheels is by contacting the following email address: GarageSale@apexraceparts.com. Please do NOT call or Private Message us for these wheels. Payment can be made by credit card or paypal.

Blemish description Examples:

Paint Pop: These are ballpoint pen-tip sized dots. Having a few pops is common on wheels and other painted parts, both aftermarket and OEM. If we flagged a wheel for this issue it was because there were multiple pops in one area or it was in a more prominent location. These are almost unnoticeable beyond arms length away, even less noticeable when they’re on a car and you’re not looking directly at the face of the wheel.

Hair in Paint: A hair or other particle landed in the paint prior to drying. These marks are usually 2-4mm long. They are very minor. Also not noticeable from beyond an arm’s length away

Dimple: Not caused by paint popping during the heating process. These are larger depressions in the face (still usually 1-2 millimeters in size).

Line in spoke: A machining blemish, a very slight indent enough to catch the light slightly differently is on one of the spokes. It can barely be felt. This issue happened to a number of wheels from the same production run.

Last edited by Eddy@ApexRaceParts; 12-08-2017 at 02:43 PM.

My Cars
    2006 325i
    Emailed.

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    We've updated pricing on these wheels, there are now discounts up to 70% off. Email us at GarageSale@apexraceparts.com to take advantage of the biggest discount we've ever offered.

My Cars
    2006 325i
    I emailed you guys 3 weeks ago and got no response.

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    I also emailed. No response.

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    Quote Originally Posted by bcoffin View Post
    I emailed you guys 3 weeks ago and got no response.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoyle View Post
    I also emailed. No response.
    Apologies for the delay, we received a huge amount of interest in these and have been working through all messages to ensure first-come first-served priority. All messages have been replied to, and many wheels are still for sale, now up to 80% off.

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    We've added 40 more wheels to the list, all at crazy blowout prices. Take a look and send an email to GarageSale@apexraceparts.com if interested.

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Email sent

My Cars
    2000 M roadster
    I understand the pricing is for 1 wheel but does that mean you only have 1 to sell at that price?

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    Quote Originally Posted by themush1326 View Post
    I understand the pricing is for 1 wheel but does that mean you only have 1 to sell at that price?
    themush1326,

That is correct. Each line in the sheet represents each unit we have in this sale. We do not have a huge amount of blemished items so finding a pair or a full set will be difficult. We can always pair a blemished wheel with a new wheel at MSRP as well!

- Max

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Hey Eddy, you got more wheels or what? I already got 4 from you. Have a link to what is left?

Never mind, I guess he link above still works.
    Last edited by DimrBimmer; 05-21-2018 at 03:03 PM.

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    Discounts are up to 80% off original MSRP. Email us at GarageSale@apexraceparts.com to grab these wheels while they last.

My Cars
    2001 Z3 2.5i
    Eddy, what kind of shipping time is typical on these wheels?

I paid an invoice for one on April 25th, it's still on the list and I haven't even received a shipping notification.

Also I was told my first choice of wheel was unavailable, but it's still on the list almost 2 weeks later as well.

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDrip View Post
    Eddy, what kind of shipping time is typical on these wheels?

I paid an invoice for one on April 25th, it's still on the list and I haven't even received a shipping notification.

Also I was told my first choice of wheel was unavailable, but it's still on the list almost 2 weeks later as well.
    Due to the nature of the blemish sale and the inventory, we recommend 2-3 additional business days on top of the timeframe required for "standard" orders. I would be more than happy to assist you via PM or email if you are curious about the status of your order.

I look forward to hearing from you there, as we can work to get the blemish list up to date.

- Max, on behalf of Eddy

My Cars
    1999 M Coupe
    email sent

My Cars
    2001 MCoupe
    Incoming!
    2001 Steel Gray MCoupe - 147,000 miles and owned since new. MCS 2WNR suspension, Hotchkiss swaybar, poly bushings all around, cat delete headers with custom tune, 3.73 LSD, and Clownshoe Motorsports rear subframe reinforcement.

2014 Porsche Cayman S / 2022 BMW X3M Competition / 2020 Ram Rebel

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    New blemished wheels added! These are great if you need a spare wheel, or are looking at buying a new set and want to buy 3 new and get 1 blemished at up to 80% off.

Step 1. Check inventory here (most are in like-new condition and were only used for test-fitments):
    APEX Blemished Wheel Inventory

Step 2.
    Send us an email letting us know which wheel(s) you'd like:
    GarageSale@apexraceparts.com

Step 3.
    Enjoy your extra money.

My Cars
    1999 M Roadster
    Is it just me or does anyone else find it in poor taste they only come on these boards to sell their stuff and bypass the for sale section? Maybe bring cooped up is making me cranky, but they provide no content to this or any group.

Be safe everyone!!!

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    Apex is a forum sponsor and they are active in the track and wheels/tires forums. Once or twice a year they push their sales promos to all model subforums for more eyes. I have no problems with that.

/.randy

My Cars
    S54 e36/8; Tesla MY LR5
    I'm cool with it or I would never have seen it.

What are the ideal sizes f/r for an M coupe if you're trying to go more on the aggressive, but no rubbing side?

My Cars
    z3
    Theres a guy from Apex in one of my group chats too. They are not only sponsors, but real enthusiasts. I'm a fan of them. They make some good quality wheels too, strong and lightweight and not too expensive. Whats not to like?

Also as a dedicated sponsor it is probably in their interest to not be posting like "normal" people for various reasons. Wouldn't be good for the company to lose sales because an employer makes some rude/unpopular posts

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveG66 View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else find it in poor taste they only come on these boards to sell their stuff and bypass the for sale section? Maybe bring cooped up is making me cranky, but they provide no content to this or any group.

Be safe everyone!!!
    Apologies for the perceived sales spam. These threads are typically in the for sale section and looking at my list this one seems to be the exception. Going forward we do intend to limit posts like this to the for sale section. This thread was bumped as an oversight.

Thanks for the support from everyone else! We try to as transparent and helpful as possible when posting.

Quote Originally Posted by fmcfad01 View Post
    I'm cool with it or I would never have seen it.

What are the ideal sizes f/r for an M coupe if you're trying to go more on the aggressive, but no rubbing side?
    For an M coupe I generally recommend the following fitment for a good direct bolt-on option:

Front: 18x8.5" ET35 (other wheel designs) or ET38 (ARC-8) with 235/40-18 tires
    Rear: 18x10" ET25 with 275/35-18 tires

Alternative rear fitment: 18x9.5" ET22 with 265/35-18 tires.

Heres a shot of this setup on our ARC-8s:

As a side note, this car was running slightly wider tires with 245s in the front and 285s in the rear.

We have a few of the 18x10 ET25s ARC-8s in stock in the blemished inventory in Satin black as well as one 18x9.5 ET22 ARC-8 also in satin black.

The full list (with defects noted) is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    If you are wanting to order one of these blemished wheels, please use the GarageSale@apexraceparts.com email.

There are other more aggressive fitments that you can check out here: https://support.apexraceparts.com/hc...-Fitment-Guide
    These will generally require a few modifications to be rub free.

I hope this was helpful!

Thanks
    -Tom

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    I have absolute zero problem with this.

Z3 & E36 RamAir systems, send private message for more information.

My Cars
    1999 Z3M, 1999 2.8 Coupe
    Definitely way more traffic here than in the classifieds....seems most don't even know about them or look over there. I listed parts for sale over there for many weeks; I'll randomly pick one and list it on FB marketplace and it's usually sold the same day.

It's all good posting here, and I couldn't really care less. I've found a lot less makes me upset these days than in times past. Perhaps it's my new perspective of being fortunate enough to have the means to do nothing but sit at home and surf forums in these times. Stay safe all.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Nathan in Denver

1999 M Roadster, VFE V3 S/C, Randy Forbes Reinforced, Hardtop, H&R/Bilstein, Apex PS-7, Supersprint
    1999 Z3 2.8 Coupe, Headers, 3.46, Manual Swap, H&R/Koni, M Geometry/Brakes, M54B30 Manifold, Style 42