Thread: DIS v44 problems...

My Cars
    320d touring e46

DIS v44 problems...

Hi everyone, im new to the forum and new to bmw world, im trying to coding new tipe of maf on my e46 2001 320d touring, i have a vagcom modified cable (pin 7/8soldered together), i have a working vmware virtual machine with DIS v44 on it (many many many thanks to David Mc), but when i try to connect to my car (obd port) i select manually the car model then if i click "quick test" it show "error communication ipaired.... fault 200-166".(all fireewall are off and i have no antivirus)
    im trying to get and install ediabas 6.4.3 (very hard to find), ive founded one "version" but after installation i dont have obdsetup.exe in the folder...
    I have no dot on ignition and battery on inpa...
    I m really really desperate, any help are appreciated...

PS Sorry for my bad english...

Greetings from Italy

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    I would skip on DIS and just run INPA, NCSExpert, WinKFP, etc.
    It runs on native windows of any kind without VM.

You would just have to learn how to use them, but there's a huge amount of info online.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand that this may not be the most useful answer, but I used DIS (and all sorts of other programs), and decided that it wasn't worth it (*for me).
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Abel, Andrea now has DIS up and running, I have emailed him a couple of guides on how to use it and how to program his MAF

My Cars
    320d touring e46
    Thanks for your answer! Now i dis work very well, the problem was the inpa installation i think...
    I have to use dis because im trying to coding a New maf (procedure founded on another bmw forum...), but now i have a kit of doubt about the control unit and the new l'art number etc...

Inviato dal mio LG-H870 utilizzando Tapatalk

My Cars
    320d touring e46
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Abel, Andrea now has DIS up and running, I have emailed him a couple of guides on how to use it and how to program his MAF
    Thanks again David... Many thanks!!

My Cars
    320d touring e46
    I have some doubt about the step 5 and 7
    On step 5, the number of the basic control unit its the number i see in "part number, basic control module"??
    And on step 7, i have to re-digit the same number??
    Those are the number of my ecu??
    Greetings from Italy

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    That's good news.
    Is the MAF programming on that car just a simple coding function that DIS is doing automatically?

I've been meaning to try to install the DIS which was released by BMW for use with my ICOM on the ISID machines, mostly to play with. It looks like the setup is similar to these DIS packs.
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    It can be done with DIS v44, but not with later versions where coding and programming functionality was removed.

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    What do you recommend instead of v57 for diagnosing? I'm at my wits end...

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Since I have an iPhone, I find Carly for BMW Pro and a Gen 2 WiFi interface is the no-fuss way of diagnosing everything from E36 to Fseries. No laptop, only one wireless interface, no cables and the developers handle all the updates.

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    Since I have an iPhone, I find Carly for BMW Pro and a Gen 2 WiFi interface is the no-fuss way of diagnosing everything from E36 to Fseries. No laptop, only one wireless interface, no cables and the developers handle all the updates.
    I have Carly and its great but I'm having a battery drain issue and I don't see any codes for it in Carly at the moment.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Diagnostic software is not going to identify a battery drain problem. This needs to be done using a DMM and by sequentially disconnecting suspect devices/modules until the source of the problem is identified.

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    Diagnostic software is not going to identify a battery drain problem. This needs to be done using a DMM and by sequentially disconnecting suspect devices/modules until the source of the problem is identified.
    I see... but I believe there’s a faulty CAS Module somewhere and I was under the impression that dis will pick it up and I can start there. Btw, what did you mean by DMM?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    DIS will detect a faulty CAS module, as will Carly but battery drain problems are normally hard to track, so you need a Digital Multi Meter. The usual culprits are a faulty trunk light switch (so the light stays on and drains the battery) or Telecommunications module (module stays alive instead of going to sleep mode 20 minutes after the car is switched off). If you are having problems with windows on an E46, the GM5 relays may also be worth a look.

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    DIS will detect a faulty CAS module, as will Carly but battery drain problems are normally hard to track, so you need a Digital Multi Meter. The usual culprits are a faulty trunk light switch (so the light stays on and drains the battery) or Telecommunications module (module stays alive instead of going to sleep mode 20 minutes after the car is switched off). If you are having problems with windows on an E46, the GM5 relays may also be worth a look.
    Ohhhhhhhhh, DMM. LOL. Yes I've used one and the battery is draining. Now I'm getting the dreaded high discharge warning in the Idrive. While Carly shows most codes I don't see anything in Carly regarding this error message so I figured DIS would be worth a shot. What about Ista? Whats the difference between IstaP and and the other Ista?

Edit:
    Carly did detect a "CAS Supply Error 00A0B2" and a "Signal detection Error Rate 00A118" A few days ago but it hasn't since I began troubleshooting.
    Last edited by Big Chaze; 11-13-2017 at 11:52 AM.