Thread: What is the best way to hook-up an iPhone?

My Cars
    2007 BMW z4

What is the best way to hook-up an iPhone?

Currently I am connecting my iPhone to the speaker system via a cable to the aux jack. I power my iPhone with USB adapter in the cigarette lighter. The cables are so long I just keep my phone on the passenger seat.

It is pretty messy and a pain to plug-in and out. I am thinking my cigarette lighter is a viper for electricity because it has a tiny little light so I unplug it.

I am looking for a quick and easy solution with a great experience.

It is a 2007 z4 and play all sorts of Rock & Roll but for some reason the stereo is stuck in the 70's screaming "Zeppelin"

My Cars
    2007 Z4 3.0Si
    this was being discussed the other day.
    https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2316479-Has-anyone-successfully-used-a-bluetooth-transmitter-to-play-music-out-the-speakers

I use one I picked up off Amazon for like $14
    Dean

My Cars
    2007 BMW z4
    I am currently trying out an MPOW hooked into the aux from amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetoot...receiver&psc=1

When it is all working there are no wires or mess and sounds great. It works of a recharable battery and I get all caught up with the cigarette lighter always on challenge for charging.

It is very interesting reviewing the options on the forum, this is my current low cost experiment.

My Cars
    2007 Z4C, 2012 Tacoma
    I do the wires. I mount the phone to a holder on the dash and stuff the extra wire down into the ashtray. I do the same thing with an iPad Mini; makes a great nav unit - slash - music box. The magnetic mount on the dash doesn't care what's hanging there.

My Cars
    2007 BMW z4
    That may be the way to go because the MPOW isn't working after a couple of days. Charging the MPOW was a pain too. Thanks for the tip.

Maybe I should just abandon the whole idea and forget about my phone all together and enjoy the radio and the drive. There is something about this car lets me want to enjoy the entire driving experience. Maybe all I need is a great CD or Radio Station.

My Cars
    2007 Z4 3.0Si
    Quote Originally Posted by Playxbox View Post
    Maybe all I need is a great CD.
    Might I suggest Billy Thorpe's Children of the Sun for your driving pleasure...
    Or if you want to stick to the cars heritage; Rammstein or Bakkushan.

My Cars
    2007 BMW z4
    pretty eclectic.

I had to look up Children of the Sun and will check it out. I really have to look up and check the others too.

Looked at reviews on Amazon and there were a lot of positive comments. I love opening up my musical horizons. Thanks a lot.

My Cars
    2007 Z4 3.0Si
    pretty eclectic. Thanks a lot.
    I listen to just about anything but I used Children of the Sun' back in my IASCA days before the 'SPL Competitions' came about and ruined competing for me.
    If you like something a bit more jazzy? Find Quincy Jone's 'Back on the Block'. Wanting something a bit further out there, give Jan Hammer's 'Beyond the Minds Eye' soundtrack a listen.
    All of these albums sound phenomenal on the z4 carver systems. The recording styles that tend to emphasize the vocals and limit the upper and lower frequencies as not to be way too harsh or destroy your subwoofers. I could go on for a while....

My Cars
    2007 BMW z4
    So I had to look up International Auto Sound Challenge Association (IASCA) and then checkout what a SPL Competition was.

I love discovering new music and thanks for the recommendations. All those albums would be new to me. If I would listen to anything jazzy my go to albums are Jeff Beck’s Blow by Blow or Pat Methany’s American Garage. I did listen to Deep Purple’s “Machine Head” from beginning to end without a speeding ticket. For some reason my hair got fuller and much longer for about hour.

My Cars
    2007 BMW z4
    Do you disconnect your setup from the cigarette lighter every night? Does keeping your setup connected drain the battery?

My Cars
    2007 Z4 3.0Si
    Do you disconnect your setup from the cigarette lighter every night? Does keeping your setup connected drain the battery?
    Since mines not a daily driver, i just unplug it.