Thread: when turning off the A/C it feels damp inside the cabin. Is that normal?

My Cars
    BMW 850

when turning off the A/C it feels damp inside the cabin. Is that normal?

When I turn off the A/C it feels damp inside the cabin. Is that normal?
    I thought it might be a radiator leak, but my mechanic found nothing and I cant see any on the front screen.

Also after driving and when I turned the car and this happens.

[FONT=&quot][URL=[/FONT]http://s1133.photobucket.com/user/andpgud/media/BMW%20850/0E329292-B097-4323-8537-F553234FB891_zpsllclsyip.jpg.html][/URL]

My Cars
    840Ci|725tds|Alpina B7
    Yes!

The AC dries out the air, so once you turn it off, the resulting air is very wet - especially when it is humid outside.

My Cars
    BMW 850
    But i have turned it off in many cars and its never that wet as in the e31

My Cars
    '93 850Ci- Daily Driver
    When was the last time you replaced your A/C dryer?
    '93 850Ci - Mineralweiß Metallic

2001 740iL - Titansilber
    ALPINA B7 -Alpinweiß III

...the price of cool ain't cheap!

My Cars
    BMW 850CSi, E53 X5 4.8iS
    The AC dryer removes moisture from the refrigerant and has no bearing on the air entering or circulating in the car.
    Check for the cleanliness of the cabin filters and make sure the drainage in the cabin filter housing is keeping puddles from forming and remove any trapped debris that may retain water and filter it into the vehicle.
    Introducing any damp into the car, such as wet footwear or clothing, or of course ant water leaks, both into the cabin as well as the trunk will have a huge effect on the amount of condensation.
    Try and park the car at ambient temperature, stopping the car with the heater flat out, and cold outside will increase the likelyhood of condensation. If the car is safe to do so, like in the garage, park it with the windows cracked open an inch or so to balance the inside and outside temperatures.
    Last edited by 8Tech; 10-28-2017 at 01:42 PM.

My Cars
    BMW 850CSi

when turning off the A/C it feels damp inside the cabin. Is that normal?

You can shut the AC off? New to me . I thought it cycles on all the time... so should not have this much dampness on windshield except sometimes on initial startup or very humid conditions. Snowflake button mostly for summer....

When was the photo taken...at startup or some time after turning off snowflake button?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dr. T; 10-29-2017 at 02:11 PM.

My Cars
    '93 850Ci- Daily Driver
    If you have an old air dryer, it will not allow the refrigerant to work the way it was intended - basically you will have a slightly better outside air vent, and if you have some humidity outside, you will have it on the inside.
    '93 850Ci - Mineralweiß Metallic

2001 740iL - Titansilber
    ALPINA B7 -Alpinweiß III

...the price of cool ain't cheap!

My Cars
    BMW 850
    It was 4 years ago but I had this one problem one year that my AC system was leaking and the whole AC gas leaked. Might that be the reason its not working as it should?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TxGR8White View Post
    When was the last time you replaced your A/C dryer?
    It was 4 years ago but I had this one problem one year that my AC system was leaking and the whole AC gas leaked. Might that be the reason its not working as it should?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. T View Post
    You can shut the AC off? New to me . I thought it cycles on all the time... so should not have this much dampness on windshield except sometimes on initial startup or very humid conditions. Snowflake button mostly for summer....

When was the photo taken...at startup or some time after turning off snowflake button?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The photo was taken after I parked the car and had turned it off without the snowflake on.

PS. I know how to turn of the AC and this happened after it had been running without it on

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8Tech View Post
    The AC dryer removes moisture from the refrigerant and has no bearing on the air entering or circulating in the car.
    Check for the cleanliness of the cabin filters and make sure the drainage in the cabin filter housing is keeping puddles from forming and remove any trapped debris that may retain water and filter it into the vehicle.
    Introducing any damp into the car, such as wet footwear or clothing, or of course ant water leaks, both into the cabin as well as the trunk will have a huge effect on the amount of condensation.
    Try and park the car at ambient temperature, stopping the car with the heater flat out, and cold outside will increase the likelyhood of condensation. If the car is safe to do so, like in the garage, park it with the windows cracked open an inch or so to balance the inside and outside temperatures.
    The filters are pretty new, but I will take a look at the drain pipe. When I park the car in the garage I always have the windows tilted a bit.