Thread: Super Mario Odyssey

My Cars
    z3

Super Mario Odyssey

Picking up the switch mario bundle today, very excited. I grew up on the SNES so Mario games always hold a special place in my heart. Anyone else getting this? Its getting amazing reviews

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    M3, GLK 350
    No, I’m not a child.

Although I would probably appreciate the nostalgia I get from playing it.

My Cars
    Mazda 3
    My copy arrived yesterday but haven't had a chance to play (mostly due to Stranger Things S2).

My Cars
    E63 AMG, RRC
    Fired up my copy yesterday. Immediately got sucked into it for around 5 hours. Definitely a great game, felt like I was 12 years old again playing Mario 64 for the first time.
    67 moons collected so far, I am on the 4th world (lake kingdom).

I am trying to pace myself and get as many moons on each world as I can before progressing. I know if I beat the game too quickly I will never complete it 100%.
    Last edited by crotter; 10-28-2017 at 10:22 PM.
    2012 Audi A3 TDI
    1975 Range Rover
    2022 Tesla M3P
    1987 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-16 Cosworth
    1999 Yamaha TW-200
    1975 Honda CT-90 Trail

My Cars
    Mazda 3
    Quote Originally Posted by crotter View Post
    I am trying to pace myself and get as many moons on each world as I can before progressing. I know if I beat the game too quickly I will never complete it 100%.
    This is basically how I've been approaching Zelda and why I haven't tried Mario yet; afraid if I fire up Odyssey I'll forget my place in Zelda and never get back to it.

My Cars
    99 323Ci, 98328i verts
    Both kids (22 and 20) and I are playing it. Love it so far, but only just hit the Sand Kingdom so I'm only a little bit into it.

My Cars
    z3
    Been enjoying the game, afraid I might be at the last area already though after maybe 15 hours playing with the girlfriend. Fun but feels a bit too easy if anything, but haven't been getting 100% completion in every area either. The way it's set up seems to imply to me we may be loop back to some of those earlier stages (those metal boxes I can't seem to break..?)

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    E63 AMG, RRC
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Been enjoying the game, afraid I might be at the last area already though after maybe 15 hours playing with the girlfriend. Fun but feels a bit too easy if anything, but haven't been getting 100% completion in every area either. The way it's set up seems to imply to me we may be loop back to some of those earlier stages (those metal boxes I can't seem to break..?)
    Yeah I've noticed that as well. There seems to be several moons on each stage that require you to return... probably on games completion.

Which means I'll probably never 100% this one. Once I finish the main story line I tend to lose interest.
    2012 Audi A3 TDI
    1975 Range Rover
    2022 Tesla M3P
    1999 Yamaha TW-200
    1975 Honda CT-90 Trail

My Cars
    z3
    Me and the gf beat this game a few days ago, when we thought we were in the last area, we were...

But we are actually still playing it. The world sort of changes after you win (not to spoil anything) and it makes it rewarding to go back through the different areas. There are things you literally just can NOT get the first play through

And it is a LOT more challenging now. I'm happy with this game given this... if the game ended with that final fight I would have been pissed. But it seemed we were less than 1/2 through beating it to where I want to beat it (which is still short of 100% completion)

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    Mazda 3
    I finally fired it up Monday night and only got to play for ~15min Hoping for a lot more soon.

My Cars
    E63 AMG, RRC
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Me and the gf beat this game a few days ago, when we thought we were in the last area, we were...

But we are actually still playing it. The world sort of changes after you win (not to spoil anything) and it makes it rewarding to go back through the different areas. There are things you literally just can NOT get the first play through

And it is a LOT more challenging now. I'm happy with this game given this... if the game ended with that final fight I would have been pissed. But it seemed we were less than 1/2 through beating it to where I want to beat it (which is still short of 100% completion)
    Glad to see the difficulty ramps up after you beat the main storyline. That has been my only disappointment so far is the lack of challenge. I am on the Luncheon kingdom now.
    2012 Audi A3 TDI
    1975 Range Rover
    2022 Tesla M3P
    1999 Yamaha TW-200
    1975 Honda CT-90 Trail

My Cars
    99 323Ci, 98328i verts
    Just got into that are last night, friken stewed tomatoes Wife had a great time watching me trying to figure out how to move forward....

My Cars
    E63 AMG, RRC
    Finally beat the main story line last night. No spoilers... but found myself pleasantly surprised!
    2012 Audi A3 TDI
    1975 Range Rover
    2022 Tesla M3P
    1999 Yamaha TW-200
    1975 Honda CT-90 Trail

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Beat this 100% about a week ago, and I can confidently say this is the best Mario game ever. So many fun aspects, good level design (except some of those damn purple coins!), the difficulty ramps up well later on, enough cool nostalgia moments without harping on it.... Really great job on this one. Also being able to pop the system out when someone is using the TV is the coolest thing ever.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

My Cars
    BMW M3 Coupe
    Really great job on this one!!!!