Thread: For Sale: 1999 M Coupe

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe

For Sale: 1999 M Coupe

Sold!
    Last edited by bcausseaux; 02-25-2018 at 08:22 PM.

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe
    I had a BMW dealership PPI done for complete open honesty in selling the coupe. There are a few things that will need to be fixed to make this coupe perfect. It is 19 years old after all.

As it sits, the car drives and rides great. However, the report states that there is a power steering leak. The clutch will need to be replaced in the next 20k miles or so. The windshield wiper fluid squirter thing is dead. Edit: I have repaired the windshield wiper motor. It is now functioning properly.

Therefore I have lowered the price accordingly.

Now listed at $16k
    Last edited by bcausseaux; 02-06-2018 at 04:37 PM.

My Cars
    Coupes...
    Quote Originally Posted by bcausseaux View Post
    There are a few things that will need to be fixed to make this coupe perfect. It is 19 years old after all.
    However, the report states that there is a power steering leak.
    This is pretty normal for any E36 BMW. Its either the $90 high pressure line, or the $26 low pressure return line. It doesn't take long to replace. I would replace the reservoir too while you're at it. It has the filter inside. I got an ATE one for $14 last time around.

https://www.amazon.com/Dromedary-Pow...steering&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Meyle-Power-S...ds=32411141953

The clutch will need to be replaced in the next 20k miles or so.
    This sounds like a big job to most people, but in these cars its pretty easy to DIY. About $300 bucks and you're good. 21212227536 The problem is all the little "while you are in there" stuff like the guibo, shift lever rubber bits, etc. Once you are in there, there is lots you can do easily.

The windshield wiper fluid squirter thing is dead.
    Oh come on, just order a new pump. I suggest you get the non-coupe one so it doesn't dribble down the rear window. I pulled my wipers years ago. $9.18 delivered. Just pull out the old one, swap the hoses, then plug it back in. Takes 90 seconds.

https://www.amazon.com/URO-Parts-1J5...ds=67128362154

Therefore I have lowered the price accordingly.

Now listed at $17k
    All of these things can be done in your garage in about 4 hours, well, except the clutch kit. Also, you really need to polish up those headlights, it makes a world of difference. I like this kit, its simple to use.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

This is a sunroof delete car, that's rare as hens teeth. I needs surprisingly little TLC considering the age.

A full run through on this car and a call to Ed @ bimmerbum.com will net you all the goodies you need in one shot. I don't see how he makes any money. Replace the rubber bits and the shocks in the suspension and it will feel good as new. It feels so much better than all these fat ass new cars they are selling.
    White is Right, Steel Grey is OK, but Estoril is the only color that truly matters.

I like Coupes.

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe
    Thanks for the run through Mpire.

I did repair the wiper motor, so it works now

I agree that all of these things are minor, but it does add up with time and money. That is why now is the time for me to sale.

I could keep putting $50-$100 here and there. Therefore, it makes more sense to me to let her go at a fair price and let the new owner work the kinks out.

The price is reduced to $16k as noted above. I wasn't in any big hurry when I listed the car in October because honestly, with the sunroof delete and black and red interior I thought it would fly out of my garage. I guess everyone doesn't have my same taste

Since the first listing I have become engaged and we both want my new '50s pickup in the wedding photos. The wedding is in May, so now it is getting a little pressing to move the coupe and find a truck that I love before May. I think at $16k, even with the list of things the coupe needs, it should go soon.

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    Hi there, dropped you an email yesterday (from gnemit). Have any time to review?

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe
    Car is officially sold. Money in the bank sold this time. It's been a good 15 years guys