Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Mexican GP @ Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird

2017 Mexican GP @ Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez

I say 2017 is pretty much wrapped up now and Hamy will become the fourth driver to become a four time WDC.

Drivers
    Championship Points
    Lewis Hamilton 331
    Sebastian Vettel 265
    Valtteri Bottas 244
    Daniel Ricciardo 192
    Kimi Raikkonen 163
    Max Verstappen 123
    Sergio Perez 86
    Esteban Ocon 73
    Carlos Sainz 54
    Felipe Massa 36
    Nico Hulkenberg 34
    Lance Stroll 32
    Romain Grosjean 28
    Kevin Magnussen 15
    Stoffel Vandoorne 13
    Fernando Alonso 10
    Jolyon Palmer 8
    Pascal Wehrlein 5
    Daniil Kvyat 5
    Marcus Ericsson 0
    Antonio Giovinazzi 0
    Pierre Gasly 0
    Brendon Hartley 0

Constructors
    Championship Points
    Mercedes 575
    Ferrari 428
    RBR 315
    Force India 159
    Williams 68
    Toro Rosso 53
    Renault 48
    Haas 43
    Mclaren 23
    Sauber 5

- - - Updated - - -

BU, add 2017 to the title please.

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    The Thug Vettel will come back

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by burninator View Post
    The Thug Vettel will come back

My Cars
    None yet
    Seb needs to outscore Hamilton by 22 points per race average. If he wins in Mexico and Hammy finishes 6th then it's alive. Then just 2 Merc DNFs (&#129310 and 2 wins from Seb and he wins by a point. The slimmest chance, but stranger things have happened. Forza Ferrari

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Quote Originally Posted by auaq View Post
    The Thug began digging his grave in Baku and completed it in Singapore. Enter the Legend who administered properly deserved pounding to kill the thugs spirit. The Legend will deliver the final blow in Mexico, nail the coffin and bury the demented Vettel.

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    Mercedes was gracious enough to allow the appearance of a competitive season.

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
    -DNC

My Cars
    TBD
    Quote Originally Posted by badmonkey View Post
    It is noticeable when the mercs run the next harder tire, beat RBR, and the Ferraris battle to match pace.

They have so much power in reserve that when it's used they can gain .5 second a lap quite effortlessly. Just look at the ease in which Lewis overtook Seb. He ran a higher engine setting, coasted past Seb, and then turned it down again to conserve the PU.

Ferrari has a similar power setting that is available for maybe 2-4 laps a weekend. But I think they've had to tone back power in general because they are really worried about reliability. If Seb has zero chance of WDC I'm sure Ferrari will up the wick on their engines just to get a win - even if it means they'll probably suffer PU issues.

Merc, as usual, keep doing a truly fantastic job on their cars. I was really hoping Ferrari had caught up but not quite, not quite.

My Cars
    2006 Toyota Tundra
    Hamilton can finish 8th in the last 3 GP and still win the chip.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a coach when I was playing tennis in college that said, "If you know you can beat someone, don't beat them 6-0 and embarrass them. They will work their ass off to beat you back. If you beat them 6-4 or 6-3 they will feel like they are close and then not put in the work needed"

My Cars
    2000 Z3 M Roadster
    I know that there are a lot of Hamilton haters here, but give him his due. A good part of Mercedes dominance is Hamilton. Bottas is a very good driver and has not come close to Hamilton for a few races now. When it's "hammer time", there is no better hammer. Vettel is also a fantastic driver but overly aggressive and does dumb things sometimes. Next year should be more interesting if Renault can be competitive and reliable. You will have Hamilton, Vettel, Verstappen, Ricciardo, Bottas, and Alonzo all competing.

My Cars
    TBD
    Quote Originally Posted by mgambini View Post
    I know that there are a lot of Hamilton haters here, but give him his due. A good part of Mercedes dominance is Hamilton. Bottas is a very good driver and has not come close to Hamilton for a few races now. When it's "hammer time", there is no better hammer. Vettel is also a fantastic driver but overly aggressive and does dumb things sometimes. Next year should be more interesting if Renault can be competitive and reliable. You will have Hamilton, Vettel, Verstappen, Ricciardo, Bottas, and Alonzo all competing.
    Oh Lewis is fast - no doubts there whatsoever. It's one of the reasons he's such a great yardstick for the drivers I favor. If my driver can beat Lewis I know they are doing well.

I guess I go against the flow. I was a Prost fan and didn't like Senna and now I'm a Seb fan and don't like Lewis.

But since we're being fair here: Lewis has thrown his toys out of the cot far more times than Seb has. On track or off. And if we're going to talk about dumb aggression then you just have to look at any race where Lewis loses positions at the start of any race.

but yeah, I can see the "faults" in the drivers I don't support but those I do aren't whitewashed. I see them just as clearly.

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Quote Originally Posted by RidgeBack View Post
    Oh Lewis is fast - no doubts there whatsoever. It's one of the reasons he's such a great yardstick for the drivers I favor. If my driver can beat Lewis I know they are doing well.

I guess I go against the flow. I was a Prost fan and didn't like Senna and now I'm a Seb fan and don't like Lewis.

But since we're being fair here: Lewis has thrown his toys out of the cot far more times than Seb has. On track or off. And if we're going to talk about dumb aggression then you just have to look at any race where Lewis loses positions at the start of any race.

but yeah, I can see the "faults" in the drivers I don't support but those I do aren't whitewashed. I see them just as clearly.
    An often overlooked fact.

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Quote Originally Posted by mgambini View Post
    +44, but i think Vettel is a sh*t driver.

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Quote Originally Posted by Vªmp View Post
    +44, but i think Vettel is a sh*t driver.

My Cars
    None yet
    Quote Originally Posted by burninator View Post
    An often overlooked fact.
    +5

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Hartley and Gasly to compete for STR in all remaining 2017 races.

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Good - Kvyat can go wreak havoc in DTM or WEC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    TBD
    After FP1 and 2 it seems RBR has the race pace to match Merc with Ferrari languishing behind.

RBR/Merc front row and Ferrari 2nd or 3rd row. Ferrari is going to push their PUs hard because it's make or break time. Maybe they'll get front row but they won't keep it unless they seriously risk their PUs.

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    On a side note, Bernie is telling Ferrari has been helped by the FIA, himself, Max Mosley, not by Charlie Whiting, and by Mercedes Benz on their current engine. All teams have been helped one way or another, not just Ferrari. And he also said Ross Brawn was involved in the rules making regarding engines, and took that info from Ferrari to Mercedes....
    Is he just looking to crap on Liberty Media for telling him to go eff somwhere??

My Cars
    TBD
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonkers320is View Post
    On a side note, Bernie is telling Ferrari has been helped by the FIA, himself, Max Mosley, not by Charlie Whiting, and by Mercedes Benz on their current engine. All teams have been helped one way or another, not just Ferrari. And he also said Ross Brawn was involved in the rules making regarding engines, and took that info from Ferrari to Mercedes....
    Is he just looking to crap on Liberty Media for telling him to go eff somwhere??
    I think there is definitely truth to his tales but he is definitely miffed at liberty and deliberately stirring the pot. He hates that F1 is going well without him.

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    Fun qualifying, Hamilton is such a sourpuss.

-DNC

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Fun qualifying, Hamilton is such a sourpuss.
    Yep, and Bottas too based on his pace in the practice sessions. I don’t know if I’m happier for Vettel or more disappointed for Verstappen.
    Last edited by m3fuz; 10-28-2017 at 06:59 PM.

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    Disappointed for Verstappen, kid is legit.

-DNC

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    Same. He's not a flash in the pan.

Should be a fun run down to Turn 1 tomorrow. With such a long distance, the start could make or break someone's race.
    Current: '94 MX-6 V6/5 • '72 240Z • '10 Mazda5
    Past: '02 330i/5 • '85 RX-7 GSL-SE • '95 540i/6'95 525i/5'86 635CSi/5 • '88 JZA70 • '86 4K quattro • '85 RX-7 S
    Wish list: Type 44 • Manta • Pre-'85 CGT • 405 Mi16 • SVX • W123 Coupe

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    Bummed Ricciardo is not going to be using the new experimental Renault engine till next year, only Verstappen.

And awesome Vettel, #ForzaFerrari

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    e30 325i, the mighty 4 door granma mobile....Gone
    e39 528i, 4 door sports tank

My Cars
    '07 E92 335i
    Fingers crossed Vettel keeps Hamilton behind him after the start, the Merc always builds a brutal gap on the opening gaps.

flickr
    BMW CCA #444326
    come see bought me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast