RM European Auto Parts

Thread: Sounds like a timing issue?? Please help!

My Cars
    01 330ci coupe dinan

Sounds like a timing issue?? Please help!

07 525i. 3.0
    About a week ago it died in the driveway, started up, kept dying right away. Then stayed running eventually. Yesterday, it was dying on the feeder road, and pulled into a lot, but wouldn't stay running. Had it towed home, now it's cranking over like a low battery or timing issues. I had been getting the P0012 bank 1 since I bought the car, and replaced one cam sensor and one vvt solenoid so far.. battery checked ok. I recently changed the valve cover gasket and spark plugs. Could it be the valvetronics ?? I'm stumped!!

My Cars
    E39M5, E500 4WD
    Welcome to the forum.

At many other forums, you're going to get people telling you to throw this part and that at it. Do yourself a big favor and ignore them.

You must diagnose what's wrong, before you can fix it.

You haven't given enough information for anyone to give you a valid answer....because you don't yet have enough information. A single "P-code", especially one with a long history of being present, can't be a viable clue.

You want a WildAssedGuess? Okay, fuel pump.

But you absolutely must have the codes read by a BMW specific diagnostic computer, and a pro tech to lay hands on the car, to decide whether you're missing fuel, spark, compression, or airflow....or some combination of these items.

If you are really determined to do your own work on an '07, you're going to have to begin with a scan tool that can talk with all your computers, not just read government emissions codes.

Oh, as for my wild assed guess, do NOT buy a fuel pump unless you've tested. But after a proper scan with a good diag computer, I'd be looking at fuel....just a hunch.

Chris Powell
    Racer and Instructor since, well. decades, ok?
    Master Auto Tech, owner of German Motors of Aberdeen
    BMWCCA 274412
    German Motors is hiring ! https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...1#post30831471

My Cars
    01 330ci coupe dinan
    Yeah I hear ya!! I'll probably take it to my Beemer mechanic. I know those fuel pump are notorious for going out at 10 year mark. I can throw parts at it at $100 a pop for sensors and crap or just get it done. Anyways I appreciate it. My only issue is the way it's turning over, like it actually is over retarded on the timing. Oh well, I'll find out in a couple days.