Thread: Please HELP dinan supercharger m6x

My Cars
    1994 840ci,2007 328i

Please HELP dinan supercharger m6x

I have been lookin and messaging ppl for what feels like years.... and no1 can give me a straight answer on wether or not I can install a m62tu (2001 540i/740i) dinan supercharger on a m60 1994 840ci? Please someone give me good news so i can pull the trigger and get the kit!!! Please anyone.and everyone who knows please help my dream of vortech kitting the e31 840ci (dinan offcourse due to smog laws here otherwise id prblbly go with vf)
    anyways someone please help because dinan is clueless and the guy sean they referred me to call at auto something said hes clueless too... so im really clueless... my dream is to smoke newer beamers (m's)

email at shervnjah@yahoo

My Cars
    1992 BMW 325i (Drifter)

Please HELP dinan supercharger m6x

Why don't you get something custom and use an eaton m112 supercharger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fmn716; 10-22-2017 at 05:20 PM.

My Cars
    E39 535i
    Forgive my ignorance... Buy what makes Dinan so special when it comes to emissions?
    The M62 Dinan supercharging tune isn't going to be applicable since it's designed for a different DME, so no matter what kit you get you're still going to need to have a custom tune, unless Dinan do a supercharger kit for the E34 540, in which case then you'll just be able to use that.
    If there isn't a kit for the E34, then I don't see where the benefit would lie with wanting to stick with the Dinan set up outside of bragging rights to having a Dinan 840
    As I said I'm ignorant when it comes to Dinan and what they have to offer, but that's just my thoughts.

Absinthe makes the tart grow fonder

My Cars
    1991 750iL+ 2008 535xit6
    Dinan is CARB compliant, which is required in California for the vehicle to pass smog tests. VF and others aren't. All it really means is that Dinan paid to have the right to put a sticker on their kit. They pass on the cost to consumers.

OP: It'll physically work, but the tune will be all wrong--you'll need to go custom for that.

My Cars
    1994 840ci,2007 328i
    @strangedays and fmn716 "as i said ca smog is a pain and from what ive herd from a very educated member on the forum "The only guy I've found currently making them on the forums wants just over $1100 + shipping. Which is funny cause I've got the M62 shortblock, a complete M60B40 to rob the heads & cams & timing chains, and the complete Jaguar Eaton M112 with intercoolers and all manifolds & injectors for around $1200. "

so its very hard for me the fathom spending 1100. Ive asked for a discount, then after i asked if I and another member would buy 2 at the same time if he can give us a discount say 900 instead of 1100 each... stil no.. So i found myself a dinan kit for 3k...

I was going to use older dinan carb sticker (powerdyne junk kit) and have the newer vortech dinan kit if possible to install without costing a fortune...

also in the future if i ever (which i hope i never will) decide to sell my 840 in cali theres no way i will even get 1/4 of what i spent on it with a "custom jag kit" that isnt smog legal....
    whereas a dinan kit may even help me make a profit (but once again i am not trying to profit or sell but I need to be prepared)

I obvisouly would enjoy the m112/m122 kit more due to low end torque bla bla but if its going to cost the same or close to the dinan kit as a economics college student i cant fathom going the toolman route... Now if someone where to sell the adaptor for less than 1100 and if it had a cover like "jens" kit that made it look stock where it would be hard to tell someone put a aftermarket blower on it that would be something to think about. but after days of reading through the forums i know that jen is not legit and toolman is but toolman is just a bit too much for me... Maybe if we can do a group buy and someone besides me can talk to him (because im sure hes super annoyed of me and im sure theres alot of other sellers on the forum who are as well LOL)

regaurds to tune dinan did have a kit for the e31 e32 and e34 but it was a shitty powerdyne kit (from my knowledge i believe they were all powerdyne for the m60's and regaurdless i was going to go custom tune I was just going to use the ca carb sticker from the powerdyne kit which shouldnt be a problem as long as my tune is good... unless someone knows something i dont know (which can be a lot because i dont know much)

@tauntmaude besides physical work such as making tubing fit ive herd about the VOLUTEs not matching? (no idea what a volute is lol) do u have any info on the volutes not matching also can u give me any info on the physical work? and do u know anyone who has had success?

My Cars
    1994 840ci,2007 328i
    I know the vortech kit from the 1997 m62 can fit but the vortech kit from the m62tu i herd is a "pain and possibly not doable and super costly if even possible"
    So please someone respond with some good news hopefully!! And it would be a honor to have a dinan kit over a custom jag kit (thats just the type of guy i am which is mental i know but dont get me wrong the jag kit is super badass as in even better than the dinan kit but I CANT PASS the visual with toolmans kit (sniffer and tune is a different story)

I respect and envy toolman for being so smart and making a legit kit but i wish he could make it more affordable even tho one could argue that it is a fair price !!! For me 1k is a shit ton and so is 3k for the dinan kit but i am fooling myself into doing it

as desperate and as crazy as it sounds i even offered toolman california organics and he i think dislikes me even more for that and all the questions ive asked and discounts I have asked over and over for....

sorry for typos but nodding in and out of sleep as i type this... ;

My Cars
    1991 750iL+ 2008 535xit6
    Volute is another word for supercharger housing. Not sure why it wouldn't match, unless it's a different charger altogether...

My Cars
    M3
    What about an e36 + any ridiculous sized turbo?

My Cars
    1994 840ci,2007 328i
    so lets say it is a different charger which i dont think it is... is there anything i can do ?

My Cars
    4.9L 540i/Porsche 997
    If you are a Cali. student on a budget, get the Dinan kit. The Powerdyne belt drive head unit is not the best, but just keep several belts in the garage. On a plus side, you don't have to tap into your oil system. Or better yet, save your money and just get a chip and free flow exhaust and sport suspension. Or, quite college and enroll in a automotive school.
    22RPD Tuning '95 540i/6 custom turbo mit Borg Warner S400sxe/Rebello Racing 4.9L M62/JE pistons/Arrow rods/custom cams/S62 crankshaft/Darton sleeved/Focal custom stereo
    Porsche 996 Turbo Evosport GT 700-[700hp]-my daily

My Cars
    1994 840ci,2007 328i
    you think a chip is better than a dinan supercharger kit?

My Cars
    4.9L 540i/Porsche 997
    Quote Originally Posted by perj42 View Post
    you think a chip is less expensive than a dinan supercharger kit?
    fixed.
    22RPD Tuning '95 540i/6 custom turbo mit Borg Warner S400sxe/Rebello Racing 4.9L M62/JE pistons/Arrow rods/custom cams/S62 crankshaft/Darton sleeved/Focal custom stereo
    Porsche 996 Turbo Evosport GT 700-[700hp]-my daily

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    Just buy the kit and find out yourself. You’ve spent years waiting for someone else to do what you are more than capable of figuring out. There are VERY obvious differences between these motors that will require alternate hardware use.
    Last edited by Braymond141; 10-29-2017 at 02:29 PM.

My Cars
    95 M3 Turbo, 08 535xiT
    Why not just slap a dinan carb sticker on the eaton blower. I would guess 90% of the emissions people have never even seen an 840 and even if they have most likely have no idea what the dinan charged engine should look like.

My Cars
    1994 840ci,2007 328i
    @ vr6dubny I was thinking of that... not to mention I lost the dinan kit... Anyone know anybody selling a dinan kit? or a cheap vf or ess kit?