Thread: Bmw 525d p1252

My Cars
    E60 525d

Bmw 525d p1252

Could some one offer advise.

The check that the AA recently carried out on your vehicle health is telling us that you currently have a fault code stored in your vehicle’s Electronic Control Unit. Depending on the stored fault You may have noticed a warning light illuminated on the dash display of your vehicle and your ‘Vehicle Health Status’ may have changed in your Car Genie App.

The code that we have record of being stored is P1252 Turbocharger (TC) vane position actuator - signal voltage low. This indicates there may be a problem in the electrical circuit which monitors the turbo pressure so your fuel consumption may increase and exhaust emissions will be affected.

Possible causes are of P1252
    Faulty Charge Air Pressure Actuator
    Charge Air Pressure Actuator harness is open or shorted
    Charge Air Pressure Actuator circuit poor electrical connection

My Cars
    1992 750iL highline
    Have you checked with a BMW-specific diagnostic tool like INPA (for a computer) or Carista (mobile app)? There are probably a bunch of other codes that will come up there that can point you to the specific sensor or other piece that's malfunctioning. I assume the turbo vane position actuator is the unit that modulates how much pressure the turbo should be building up.

My Cars
    E60 525d
    Thanks for the message. I have had it plugged in from a diagnostic guy and he has assured me it's the actulator. From gong through the faults with the car and the systems it is showing he has advised to replace the actulator.
    I had orded I new part but sadly it was wrong part I had selected the wrong one .
    After taking the old part out I checked the lever that goses in to the turbo which moves five with out and residence. Because I removed and had to put old part beck in till my new part comes I had noticed I got little bit more power back with a better sounding engine . So I am content this part is faulty .