Thread: found the perfect M roadster

My Cars
    2002 BMW M Coupe

found the perfect M roadster

been searching for months to find something like this, low miles, mint etc...

www.exoticcarlist.com/car/394849/

only issue is... I just got married, need to buy a house soon, my wife would not be happy if i bought this.

decisions... decisions...

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    I wish I could have gotten the slide show to stop to better evaluate. The lower console trim has the typical crack. Having replaced it on my car, I'm hoping never to have to take the console out again.
    Wayne

1998 M Roadster
    1994 Honda ST1100--sold
    2017 Yamaha FJR1300ES

My Cars
    1998 Z3M, 2006 330i
    That car may never be available again, and you can always get another wife. ..................... Seriously, it' great to have only 20k miles, but I'd buy a better car for that much money. I've got a 98 version of that car, right down to the blue top. I love the car, but I've got about 1/3 the money in it.

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    That price is out of the ballpark,
    For business or pleasure!-Pass!

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    Just think--the money wasted on a wedding could have bought that car.

My Cars
    F30 328d X-Drive
    I would find an S54 (01-02) version with a little higher miles for that price. That's actually Coupe money they are asking for that. I have the same car but a 98 with high miles. Same color and all and I paid a lot lot lot lot less.

It is a beautiful car though. Check Mroadsterbuyersguide.com for comparable examples.

My Cars
    02 Mroady,2007 Z4 coupe
    Too much for that car. Make it an S54 and then ok.

My Cars
    '98 M Roadster
    Keep looking. My '98 Dinan Supercharged was $13k less than this with 54,000 miles. It took me awhile to come across it and I feel like I paid a grand too much but overall very happy that I did.
    Jim

1998 ///M Roadster
    2007 Audi RS4
    2016 Audi S4

My Cars
    '98 Z3 M Roadster
    MRFAST, nice find! -- That's priced as a coupe... You can get a great Z3M with 80-120K miles for 12-7K.... Way better deal.
    Built S52 w/Dinan ISR-3 kit, NickG Stage 2+ Tune, Dinan Vortech V2 Supercharger, Dinan Air to Air Intercooler, Dinan CAI, Porsche 803 HFM, Buldogge 6" crank pulley, Griptec 2.90" blower pulley, Eurosport UD pulleys, Dinan 3.38 Diff, Dinan front/rear Swaybars, Dinan springs, Koni Yellow Sport Struts, Ground Control end links, South Bend Clutch Stage 3 Organic, AASCO Light Weight Flywheel 18.5#, Zionsville Radiator & Oil Cooler, Riot Racing BBTB, Schrick Intake Manifold, 42# Injectors, Schrick cams 264/256, Forged Wiseco pistons 9.0 comp., Forged Eagle rods, Supertech dual valve springs & valves, VAC crank & bearings, Supersprint mufflers, Euro Z3 midpipe, Raceland euro headers, Walbro 255, Bevauto ignition coils, Vortech Mondo bypass, Bailey Diverter DV30, Ireland Rear Subframe Bushings, Mason Engineering Strut Brace, Mason Engineering Clutch Petal, Apex 18" EC-7 Wheels, Full Custom Sound System, two trunk lids (with & without OE spoiler), Hardtop, Trunk full of AK's...

My Cars
    540i/6, 740il,M Roadster
    That's Shue Syndicate money. A S52 Roadster with that mileage should be in mid-teens.
    This S54 has been for sale a while and still looking for a home.

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto...336464012.html

RobZR

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    I would not pay S54 money for an S52 car. No matter the miles or how clean you can get into a very comparable S54 for that money.

'98 RMS stage 2+++++(491whp/390tq VAC cams, CES Cutring-9:1, Built blower, Meth etc)
    '09 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt 1 of 1(Built Motor, Brembos, LSD, the works!)
    '22 Cadillac CT4-V BlackWing 6mt
    '22 Cadillac CT4 2.0T Sport AWD (wife's)

My Cars
    z3
    Yeah, as others have said, for that money I'd be looking at an S54 or just getting a cheaper S52 and pocketing the difference. These cars are cheap enough to maintain that even if you got basically the cheapest example you could find - you can rebuild pretty much everything on the car and have a new driving car and still be under that asking price...

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    Quite the opposite--it's cheap at that price--snag it up--they used to say these things about S54 coupes when they sold for 18K in the day. Why would any one of us argue differently?

My Cars
    ///M Roadster
    Low mileage does not mean impeccable condition. That car has a cracked shifter trim for example, which is basically irreplaceable at this time. You can definitely find a nicer example for that cost.
    Cyrus Mistry

My Cars
    2002 BMW M Coupe
    zellamay: thats my concern, I feel like this is one of the last few I will ever find in this condition with this mileage.

Mr Bingley: well said!

cfmistry: if you know of nicer examples in the same price range, please share.

My Cars
    2000 m roadster 2010 x3
    Mr z in cali had a LSB one for sale with low miles. Check the buyers guide online
    Last edited by z3forlife; 10-21-2017 at 09:56 AM.

My Cars
    1998 Z3M, 2006 330i
    [QUOTE=TheRedMCoupe;29862247]zellamay: thats my concern, I feel like this is one of the last few I will ever find in this condition with this mileage.

I think it depends on your goals. If you want the best car for the money, then pass on this one. You could buy one with 90k miles, with no significant flaws, fix everything there is to fix, and stay under $15k. If you are looking for something that might appreciate over time, then pass on this one. An s54 coupe would be a far better investment. If low-mileage bragging rights is what you are after, then buy this one, and don't drive it. Also know that you're paying a lot for those rights.

My Cars
    '98 Z3 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by zellamay View Post
    I think it depends on your goals. If you want the best car for the money, then pass on this one. You could buy one with 90k miles, with no significant flaws, fix everything there is to fix, and stay under $15k. If you are looking for something that might appreciate over time, then pass on this one. An s54 coupe would be a far better investment. If low-mileage bragging rights is what you are after, then buy this one, and don't drive it. Also know that you're paying a lot for those rights.
    +1000
    Built S52 w/Dinan ISR-3 kit, NickG Stage 2+ Tune, Dinan Vortech V2 Supercharger, Dinan Air to Air Intercooler, Dinan CAI, Porsche 803 HFM, Buldogge 6" crank pulley, Griptec 2.90" blower pulley, Eurosport UD pulleys, Dinan 3.38 Diff, Dinan front/rear Swaybars, Dinan springs, Koni Yellow Sport Struts, Ground Control end links, South Bend Clutch Stage 3 Organic, AASCO Light Weight Flywheel 18.5#, Zionsville Radiator & Oil Cooler, Riot Racing BBTB, Schrick Intake Manifold, 42# Injectors, Schrick cams 264/256, Forged Wiseco pistons 9.0 comp., Forged Eagle rods, Supertech dual valve springs & valves, VAC crank & bearings, Supersprint mufflers, Euro Z3 midpipe, Raceland euro headers, Walbro 255, Bevauto ignition coils, Vortech Mondo bypass, Bailey Diverter DV30, Ireland Rear Subframe Bushings, Mason Engineering Strut Brace, Mason Engineering Clutch Petal, Apex 18" EC-7 Wheels, Full Custom Sound System, two trunk lids (with & without OE spoiler), Hardtop, Trunk full of AK's...

My Cars
    broads & booze!!!
    Ive had my 00 for five years. it now has 63 or 64k. I wonder if I could get 17 for it.

I'm too old to learn how to drive an automatic.

My Cars
    2002 Z3 M
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedMCoupe View Post
    zellamay: thats my concern, I feel like this is one of the last few I will ever find in this condition with this mileage.

Mr Bingley: well said!

cfmistry: if you know of nicer examples in the same price range, please share.
    They're out there. Just maybe not for sale at the moment. I've got 26k miles on my S54 2002 and even though it's in pretty nice shape I doubt I could get $30k for it.

This one is nice too:
    http://www.mroadsterbuyersguide.com/...istingID=10516
    Last edited by VitaminZ; 10-22-2017 at 12:33 AM. Reason: addition
    Pandora

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 M Roadster
    Are you going to drive it?

I bought my '00 M Roadster this past spring for $13,900. She had 83,000 miles on the odo.

Really in good Mechanical condition, seat leather and interior trim in excellent shape, etc. but the paint on the nose is a little chipped and the bottom of the bumper has been scrapped on "stuff". And I have scraped it some more on a parking curb.

But I drive it. So she is going to get a little dinged up.

I did not want a car I could not (or would not) drive. Mine is not a collector piece.

IMG_1131.jpg

Greg
    Tally Ho

http://wcwebs.net/johnson
    1988 O'Day 322 sailboat - (unlimited mpg)

2000 BMW Z3 M Roadster (25 mpg - but who cares)

2019 Subaru Outback
    (30+ MPG)

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    My motto:drive and enjoy it,
    Otherwise your just saving it for your heirs,
    Who just may enjoy it,
    Or just as much abuse or dispose of it!