Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back in an E34 M5.. This time an "under a tree" find.. what to do... #projecte34m5?

My Cars
    German Super Saloon
    Quote Originally Posted by q20v View Post
    Come on guys, there's a link at the bottom of the first post to a photo bucket slideshow!!
    Fair. I'm the asshole.

On that note I decided I should probably read the entire post and here are my thoughts.

If it were me, I would keep it, restore it and make it as original as possible. Some contributing factors to this are the fact that I already have one M5 which is modified so a stock one would be a nice thing for me to have. Also, I happen to feel the E34 M5 is the best chassis M5 produced and one of the best all around cars money can buy. I won't go into details as to why but that is my personal opinion.

That being said, in your shoes, from what I gather, I would probably sell it as is and make a couple bucks. Sure it could be parted (would be sacrilegious on such a complete car) and more money would be made. I could never bring myself to do this even in your shoes. At some point it can't be solely about the money if you are a true car enthusiast. I would not put money into it before selling as you will not get that money back out of it with the exception of if you can get it running with parts you have on hand just to show that it does in fact run. I would not suggest going any further than that though if you decide to sell as it is a slippery slope that becomes quite costly.

If you keep it, please do not color change it. If it is as original as you say, that would definitely hurt the value.

That's my 2 cents. I wish I had the time, space and money as I would make an offer on it for sure. Do you happen to have pictures of the interior?

Brian
    Last edited by SpecRaceM5; 11-05-2017 at 08:32 AM.
    Photobucket sucks!

Long live the E34!

My Cars
    1988 BMW 530i
    Fair. I'm the asshole.
    I'm usually the worst for opening a thread and doing a scan of the first post, then a quick scroll for pictures, so I'm really one who shouldn't be talking!

My Cars
    93 E34 slushbox
    Quote Originally Posted by q20v View Post
    ...doing a scan of the first post, then a quick scroll for pictures...
    thats how i internet.
    93 E34 525I Slushbox
    83 GMC C1500
    84 GMC K3500 3+3
    10 Subaru Impreza w/ hail damage

My Cars
    E30 M3, E34 M5, E36 M3
    I would restore the car properly in the correct original colour, then vinyl wrap it in the colour of your choice. That will protect the new paint and give you the colour you really want without affecting the value of the car negatively.

My Cars
    1995 540i/6, 1991 LS 400
    You didn't by any chance obtain this car from a guy named John just East of Winnipeg did you?

My Cars
    09 535ix
    1. I like Silver
    2. Its a fairly unique vehicle... I cant see painting it a different color
    3. Maybe it's picture magic... but I dont see a lot of rust or issues... is it worth driving OG? Clean it up, polish whats there and drive it (or show it) that way? It's only original once...
    RIP Jess or the idea of Jess or... what OT was.. or whatever...

My Cars
    92 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    You didn't by any chance obtain this car from a guy named John just East of Winnipeg did you?

That is not John's car. I was emailing back and forth with him recently and it's still for sale. I would like to see this 1995 540/6 of yours if I ever get into the city.

My Cars
    1995 540i/6, 1991 LS 400
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith Jason View Post
    That is not John's car. I was emailing back and forth with him recently and it's still for sale. I would like to see this 1995 540/6 of yours if I ever get into the city.
    I'd like to see the M5 as well lol! I did drive my car for a winter season when I first got it years ago but now it doesn't see use until late spring when the snow and most of the salt/sand is off the road. This spring we should get together.

I haven't talked to John in nearly a year now, I've been out east in Kenora and on the MB side as far west as Hadashville working since a couple months after the last time I spoke to him, but I'm really hoping he still has a couple items of interest to me in hand.

I'm curious, have you grabbed anything off him lately? The reason I assumed this car had a chance at being his was the silver, plus the apparently rare rear interior that John's car has. (maybe you have this as well?) That style of rear is still in his car and he was giving me a good deal to purchase it, I gave him a deposit but some life shit came up and it seemed something came up for him to as I didn't get a reply to the last Email I sent him. I mainly want that rear to complete mine, and his Eisenmann/Supersprint muffler as well as that 3.73 LSD if he hasn't or isn't putting it in his e31.

I've seen you post on the FB group a couple times, I wish a lot of the e34 and e30 guys weren't so reclusive in MB, I'm guilty too though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12