Thread: I'm having some issues...

My Cars
    2005 BMW Z4 3.0i

I'm having some issues...

Okay it's time to address the problems....

Why doesn't the side of the my bumper where it meets the fender clip into place? The clips are there and not broken so maybe someone else here knows whats going on. This is the most important issue right now....knowing it's there and seeing it every time I walk to the car is killing me.

Does anyone here know a drop-in replacement size for the tweeters? I have a blown tweeter on the driver's side and it's bothering my ears.

The air conditioning no matter what setting it's on to blow (feet, body, windshield) it's always blowing on the passenger side of the windshield. It's fogging the window up and causing visibility issues at times.

I have a check engine light, but Autozone's system is stupid and can't synch with the car. I need to go to Advanced or O'Reilly's.

The powersteering is still an issue (only works after the car has been sitting in the heat) I'm gonna yank that column out one of these days....stupid power steering.
    Photbucket looking to make extra money......

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Hello - take a look at the link below for the bumper issue that you're having, I hope it's helpful in troubleshooting. For the tweeters size, you can check using Crutchfield's configurator (2nd link) -plug in your mode/year and it'll give you all the sizes that will work for your car. Hope this helps you a bit and best of luck!

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...eplacement.htm

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-LlSgc0...rselector.aspx
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    2007 Z4 3.0Si
    1) The clip is only part of the system that holds the from clip to fender; there is that, tabs and a couple screws... If one is broken or not fitted properly, then the gap may be larger than original.
    2) No matter if you have the 14 or 6 speaker system, the tweeters are 3/4".
    3) Not a clue, guessing you have some sort of hard line/cable not connected, vacuum line or solenoid out? I have never looked at the hvac system on the z4 so just guessing on what I have seen with other cars I have worked on.
    4) I would suggest buying one of these to scan for yourself and save yourself the trips to your useless parts store:
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    5) Call your local BMWoA at 1-800-831-1117 and ask if there is a TSB/Recall on the power steering? Seems to be a common issue and anybody/everybody who has had or has the issue should be calling this number and letting them know it's an issue. I have read a few DIY's on sorting it out; some screw, lube, etc.

Hope all works out.
    Dean

My Cars
    z3
    If your cupholder is broken and your top fails, your Z4 will have *all* the common Z4 problems... gotta be worth something right?

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!