Thread: e36 Wishbone bushings issue

My Cars
    1995 325I

Angry e36 Wishbone bushings issue

Took it to a shop to have new bushings installed. One the way home I hit the brakes and thought the wheels were going to fly off the car. Turns out the shop put the bushings on, but put them on the wrong sides. (left on the right etc). This is what im assuming broke the welded nut plates (on the inside of the frame channel) loose. Got the passenger side done, no problem. Went to do the drivers side, and the nut plate dropped into the frame. Anyone know how to access this section of the frame without cutting into it? bolted on access panel? Rubber Plug? Any help would be appreciated as were building this for my daughters first car.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    You should call the shop and make them spend whatever it takes to fix it right, including towing the car to the shop on a trailer. This honestly shouldn't be your problem if you paid a business to do this.

That said, I'm not sure exactly which parts you're talking about. The only bushings of note in front suspension are the front control arm bushings (FCAB's) which sit in a "lollipop" bolted to the chassis and slide onto the end of the front control arms. As far as I know they aren't "sided" and should work on either side. They are #5 in this diagram:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=31_0242

There's two versions of the bushing, centered and offset, depending on which suspension you have. The offset bushings should still go on either side, they just need to be lined up correctly when installed.
    1999 M3/2/5 - Titanium Silver - Track/Weekend Toy

My Cars
    99 M3

e36 Wishbone bushings issue

Quote Originally Posted by TostitoBandito View Post
    You should call the shop and make them spend whatever it takes to fix it right, including towing the car to the shop on a trailer. This honestly shouldn't be your problem if you paid a business to do this.

That said, I'm not sure exactly which parts you're talking about. The only bushings of note in front suspension are the front control arm bushings (FCAB's) which sit in a "lollipop" bolted to the chassis and slide onto the end of the front control arms. As far as I know they aren't "sided" and should work on either side. They are #5 in this diagram:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=31_0242

There's two versions of the bushing, centered and offset, depending on which suspension you have. The offset bushings should still go on either side, they just need to be lined up correctly when installed.
    Good points. You should certainly get some (free) legal advice.

The ‘lolly pops’ are handed
    Look at #4 in diagram you supplied.
    I would hope a shop would not turn a incompetent novice mechanic loose on these.

The FLCA Bushing (#5 31129059288) is not handed but does have to be oriented correctly in the ‘lolly pop’, especially the offset 1995M3 FLCABs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bluptgm3; 10-26-2017 at 11:10 PM.