Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: Need advice on ceramic coating my wheels.

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4

Need advice on ceramic coating my wheels.

Need advice from the gurus!

Just got a set of wheels for my car that were freshly powdercoated and I want to protect them as much as possible from the very beginning. I was considering using using this kit:

CarPro DLux Plastic&Wheel Coating https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FPUIQWE..._e-04zb7S0HCGG.

My question is, should I wait to have the tires mounted and balanced first or should/can I do it now? I'm wondering if the coating will prevent the stick-on wheel weights to not adhere properly since I plan on coating the barrels as well.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe
    Do it now. Way easier to get the front and back properly protected. Tell the balancing guys about your coating and they'll deal with the weights accordingly. I'm sure it's not going to be their first rodeo with attaching weights to a coated wheel.
    I'd be more concerned about the shop that does the actual work in respect of their ability to mount the tires without damaging the wheels so ask first and get recommendations from your buddies.
    Locally a well known shop damaged my front wheels through carelessness, they just didn't care at all about aesthetics. After the wheels were repaired and perfect again, I queried a second tire shop. They mounted the tires without damage so they're now my go-to shop. So, learn from my scenario and ask a million questions first.

My Cars
    Ford Everest Ambiente 2

ceramic coating is one of many ways to preserve and take car of your car, i suggest you just dont ceramic coat the wheel but the whole car as well. Nevertheless heavy duty ceramic coating from http://pearlnano.com/pearl-nano-hd/ can be a good product for you.