BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: WTB: E36 M3 track rat/TT/HPDE

My Cars
    1997 E36 M3 coupe silver

Smile WTB: E36 M3 track rat/TT/HPDE

Seeking M3 coupe or sedan with manual trans. Well maintained with high miles and/or questionable cosmetics preferred. Former E30 racer and NASA instructor looking to move to the next level. Car need not be street legal. Prefer $5000-$7000 price range but consideration given for well prepped car. Should be located within 12 hrs of 17022 (PA). Email dvarnes821 at gmail dot com for quick response.
    NASA HPDE instructor

My Cars
    RWD street and FWD race
    I'm not within 12 hours but I'd meet you part way with the car on a trailer.

Here's the car, it has a whole ~3k more miles on it since this was posted... and a Z3 1.9 rack, all new PS hoses and new PS res.

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...s-a-street-car
    Last edited by DaveROR; 10-25-2017 at 10:09 PM.
    -Dave
    DD: 1995 BMW M3 - AW over Black (Soon to be a FW Focus RS)
    Garage queens: 1994 MR2 Turbo and 1993 MR2 Turbo
    Track: Graffiti Integra Type-R
    Race: 1996 Acura Integra GS-R CCWS - Red/Silver, lots of body damage.

My Cars
    1997 E36 M3 coupe silver
    Hi Dave,
    That is an appealing car. The rust issues belie its prior life in the northern states, unfortunately. The outer cosmetic bubbles don't bother me much and wouldn't spread as it would sit in the garage on the trailer here when not in use but what am I looking at on the underside? That is a bit more worrisome.

I've seen 'clean' cars but with no upgrades offered for a similar price so I think your expectation is close to reality. The cooling and suspension work negates the bubbling body somewhat and the records are a bonus. Was the head gasket done back when it overheated?

If that thing were closer...man, I'd be fairly excited. LOL that the extra body parts are in PA! I just started hunting for one and was hoping not to travel real far (this time - I've done it before). Scratching my beard contemplatively tho'.
    NASA HPDE instructor

My Cars
    RWD street and FWD race
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavidv View Post
    Hi Dave,
    That is an appealing car. The rust issues belie its prior life in the northern states, unfortunately. The outer cosmetic bubbles don't bother me much and wouldn't spread as it would sit in the garage on the trailer here when not in use but what am I looking at on the underside? That is a bit more worrisome.

I've seen 'clean' cars but with no upgrades offered for a similar price so I think your expectation is close to reality. The cooling and suspension work negates the bubbling body somewhat and the records are a bonus. Was the head gasket done back when it overheated?

If that thing were closer...man, I'd be fairly excited. LOL that the extra body parts are in PA! I just started hunting for one and was hoping not to travel real far (this time - I've done it before). Scratching my beard contemplatively tho'.
    Which parts of the underside? I wasn't highlighting anything, just pics. I also have some larger injectors and some other minor parts. I really just don't have the time to finish the car to sell it as a nice street car at this point.

I'll take some more pics of it this weekend so if you do want some specific pics, let me know and I'll get them. I'll get some videos of it cold starting, etc also. The body parts were in Gettysburg but I think he moved them.. not exactly sure where they are now.
    -Dave

My Cars
    1997 E36 M3 coupe silver
    The one floorpan photo looks like a jacking point (?) and in the pic looked crusty. It may be misleading.
    The non-functional ABS is an issue for me, though I do have someone who has 4 channel parts they'd be willing to give me. I had some problems with the ABS on my E30; one instance of flat-spotting pricey Toyos was enough to convince me to never go without it again!
    NASA HPDE instructor

My Cars
    RWD street and FWD race
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavidv View Post
    The one floorpan photo looks like a jacking point (?) and in the pic looked crusty. It may be misleading.
    The non-functional ABS is an issue for me, though I do have someone who has 4 channel parts they'd be willing to give me. I had some problems with the ABS on my E30; one instance of flat-spotting pricey Toyos was enough to convince me to never go without it again!
    There is surface rust there, but nothing structural/rust through. The car was sitting in jackstands for 6 months until about a month ago on the jackpoints. I'm used to not having ABS from my race car and track car so never bothered to try to fix it on the M3. I need to get back to taking some new pics of it, got busy with work and a wedding.
    -Dave

My Cars
    98 M3 4/5, 95 Euro 740i
    I am considering selling my 1998 M3 4/5. Always southern car, no rust. Was going to turn it into a weekend track car but found a fully built 2006 Mini Cooper S that I couldn't pass up. I drive the M3 to work once a week. Took it to Orlando (6 hour round trip) last weekend and no issues. Everything works. No leaks.

240k on the body
    143k on the motor

Would be asking slightly under $5k. Located zip 34119. Haven't posted it for sale yet.

Last edited by uvacarbuff; 12-04-2017 at 02:46 PM.
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am Collectors Edition
    2006 Mini Cooper S BRG 6spd
    2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo
    2018 Mercedes GLS63 AMG

My Cars
    1997 E36 M3 coupe silver
    Why are they all in FL?
    Not saying I wouldn't travel to get one but I'm waiting to hear about one in VA.
    NASA HPDE instructor

My Cars
    E46+E36 M3
    I have a 97 m3/4/5 160k miles with half cage, Bilstein Group N susp, sparco spg xl, 6 pt g-force belts, partially stripped interior, rebuilt rear end with all new bushings, 17x8.5 TR Motorsport rims with BFGs, ZHP/330i Green Tag rack, up-to-date on maintenance.
    AW on Mulberry, Lux package. 9k in RI.
    AW|Byzanz

My Cars
    1997 E36 M3 coupe silver
    A bit more than I'd hoped to spend (not saying it isn't worth that). Any pics? Cooling system upgrades? VANOS rebuilt?
    NASA HPDE instructor

My Cars
    1997 E36 M3 coupe silver
    A quick bump up. With winter approaching and weather questionable I'm cutting my travel circumference back to about a 6 hr radius. Mechanical condition and suspension upgrades take precedence over cosmetics. Not emissions legal ok too.
    NASA HPDE instructor

My Cars
    1997 E36 M3 coupe silver
    Bump. Still seeking.
    NASA HPDE instructor

My Cars
    1989 325i
    I have one for sale here in CA, if you wanted to see it over FaceTime let me know. https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto...491037975.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk