Thread: Looking for someone to change valve stem seals BMW E46 318i - Brisbane,Australia

My Cars

Looking for someone to change valve stem seals BMW E46 318i - Brisbane,Australia

Hi, I'm just wondering if any BMW enthusiast in Brisbane,Australia would be willing to come and replace valve stem seals on my 2003 BMW E46 318i. It runs and drives pretty well and not overheating.Problem is when I start the car I usually see white smoke coming from exhaust and when I accelerate on idle or when driving around slowly then small or large patches of white smoke comes out,smoke smells like petrol/oil burning, not coolant sweet smell.I have changed the oil and oil filter and added Rislone rear main seal repair to help slow down some little oil leaks.Ive also just added an expensive valve stem seal repair fluid made by Rislone and have let the car idle for several hours to hopefully try and improve the valve stem seals,but still lots smoke from exhaust coming out.Only other thing I can think of after watching some youtube videos and reading some forums is it could be a clogged/bad pcv valve.Hope it isnt the piston rings? I dont have a code reader to check for fault codes.I did notice little bits of water come out the exhaust when idling but coolant level seems to be ok.When i bought the car the exhaust tip was black and covered in thick grease.The car was overdue for a service by over 15,000 kms.Im located in Morayfield Qld 4506 and cant come to you as car is not registered.What would you charge per hour for labour? Cheers
    Last edited by shogun; 02-26-2018 at 06:41 AM.