Thread: Help Diagnosing Error Messages

My Cars
    2002 325CI Convertable

Help Diagnosing Error Messages

I have a 2014 328i with 29k miles. For the past couple of months, I’ve been seeing the following error message on my screen “Engine start not possible. Remote control Malachi be faulty” See Owners Manual or “Hold remote control to marking on steering column. See Owners Manual for additional information. I also see get the message just below the tachometer “Remote control: Engine will not start.

The first time I took it to the dealer, they replaced the battery in my key fob. The situation continued to happen. I was told there’s nothing to worry about as the fob was not showing any errors. I wouldn’t accept this as I want the problem found and repaired.

I took it back to the dealer yesterday and they told me there was a service bulletin issued and had to move an “antenna” behind the dashboard so the fob could be easier to read. As soon as I got back in the car, I got the same message. I went back inside and now have to schedule another appointment to get this looked at. I will at least have a loaner car.

While the problem in intermittent, I took photos of each time the errors were present. I’m getting increasingly more frustrated. Has anyone else seen similar issues? I am scheduled to drop the car off in a couple of weeks and would at least like to know if others have similar issues.

Here are some photo’s.

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2002 325CI Convertable
    Quote Originally Posted by rosenfarb View Post
    I have a 2014 328i with 29k miles. For the past couple of months, I’ve been seeing the following error message on my screen “Engine start not possible. Remote control Malachi be faulty” See Owners Manual or “Hold remote control to marking on steering column. See Owners Manual for additional information. I also see get the message just below the tachometer “Remote control: Engine will not start.

The first time I took it to the dealer, they replaced the battery in my key fob. The situation continued to happen. I was told there’s nothing to worry about as the fob was not showing any errors. I wouldn’t accept this as I want the problem found and repaired.

I took it back to the dealer yesterday and they told me there was a service bulletin issued and had to move an “antenna” behind the dashboard so the fob could be easier to read. As soon as I got back in the car, I got the same message. I went back inside and now have to schedule another appointment to get this looked at. I will at least have a loaner car.

While the problem in intermittent, I took photos of each time the errors were present. I’m getting increasingly more frustrated. Has anyone else seen similar issues? I am scheduled to drop the car off in a couple of weeks and would at least like to know if others have similar issues.

Here are some photo’s.

Steve

2E0BA5BC-D10D-4BAB-A002-F2125E5B9843.jpeg21978B53-DBD7-4566-9017-93D9EDF1CFBD.jpeg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Here are the photos

My Cars
    2001 525it
    We had a landrover with this message it needed a new remote key