Thread: 03 325i wont turn off after turning key to off postion

My Cars
    BMW 325I, Triumph TR7, Suzkui Sidekick

03 325i wont turn off after turning key to off postion

Today i was getting my car ready for winter .I hardly use the car. It will be stored outside with a cover. When i open the hood i saw a chipmunk running away from inside the where the ignition coils are . Upon inspection i saw nuts and a piece of bone. Must have gotten to my garbage LOL. So when i turn off the ignition . Itkept running but like if something was spinning , i would turn the key to ON and it would turn the engine. , Switch back to off, and some kind of spinning . I was afraid of damaging the car and quickly disconnected the battery to turn the car off which did.

Can the chipmunk have bite on too a wire ?? If so where do i start looking ? Or is it my Ignition barrel. ? Or my DME relay , or Starter..

Thank you
    Janet Yes I am a Female and Mechanical incline .

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330 CI Vert
    What was spinning? Was it just the fan staying on to cool something?

My Cars
    1997 m3
    Usually if a wire is ripped or in this case chewed, it would disrupt the circuit and cause something to not work. Unless it’s a grounding switch then in that case you’d know from a light on the dash probably.
    i have the same problem though with rodents under the hood lol but they’ve never actually chewed through anything. I think they just go there for warmth.
    It would help if you could take a peek under the hood and try to pin point what’s actually spinning. A video would help us.

My Cars
    01 E46 330i 5sp man spor
    Rodents like to chew stuff. If they are in your engine they chew wiring and hoses and just about anything else that is plastic. I have seen it too many times. I have seen them chew off enough insulation on just a few wires to cause them to short together. I have also seen harnesses chewed completely through. When you say something was spinning/running after the car was off, check the cooling fan. The control module can fail causing the fan to stay on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

My Cars
    01 E46 330i 5sp man spor
    Got an 07 gmc pickup truck towed to the shop today. Crank/no start. Found no fuel pressure and no power at the pump but had power leaving the fuse/relay box. While inspecting the harness along the frame I noticed acorns on top of the fuel tank and damage to the harness. The grey wire is the fuel pump power wire. It was the only wire that was damaged. Had to drop the tank to repair the wiring. Rodents can do some damage to the wiring in vehicles. I thought I would share this with you after I posted about rodents and wiring yesterday and this was my first job Monday morning lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk